Unable to select xrefs

erin0karr

I copied and pasted some xrefs into another drawing. They all show up but I am unable to select any xref except for one. I can't turn any layer off either when trying to select it or opening the layers window. They are not on locked layers and are showing up in the xref window. I’m completely lost as to what it could be.

It sounds like you may have pasted the XREFs as a block. When you select the XREF(s), what kind of object does the properties tell you it is? If it is a block, explode it and you separate XREFs should be selectable.

You said that one was selectable. What are the properties of that one?

When in doubt, in situations like this, rebuild it. Detach all the XREFs and insert them with the XREF manager instead of copy/paste.

The only selectable is an xref as well. This is a huge project with a large number of xrefs so I was just trying to avoid rebuilding the entire thing. But it looks as if that's the only option. Dangit. Thanks for the input!

I've run into this before and forgot exactly how I fixed it or what caused it.

I attached a LISP routine that might help. When run it places all xref's in the drawing onto their own layer. It might move the xref(s) you can't select to a layer and maybe then you can select it.

There are other similar LISP routines out there that do the same thing. I think i've also seen a a few on this site.

Hope it helps!

ALX.LSP

Thx Atro, I'll have to try that when I reach a stopping point!

Rob, everything is set to 0,0. C'mon, that's CAD 101 (: