Decimals in dimensional constraints

Rosenkrans

I am trying to put a horizontal constraint between two points. The distance is 124.85, but AutoCad changes it to 125 and mover the second point.

Is it possible to have decimals in dimensional constraints?

If you have units set to a precision of 0 then acad will go to nearest whole unit, set units precision via Format/ units and check the boxes for precision (one for lines and one for angles) alter to suit the decimal place of accuracy you need.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum too!:)

Rob

Thanks for the greeting Rob.

The place I want to add decimals is not when adding dimnesions to a drawing,which is what I assume you mean. It's when I try to add a horizontal dimension constraint between two point in a dynamic block.

/Martin

I am talking about drawing units not dimension units, hang on pics work better ....

Format%2520Units.jpg

Drawing%2520units.jpg

failing that can you right click the constraint dim and select properties, sometimes you can change precision in there but will only work for that adjusted item.

again hope it helps.

Rob

in addition to Rob's post AutoCAD normally (can't guarantee it here) works in full precision irrespective of what it displays. If you have typed 124.85 that is what it will probably be. Once you have set you UNITS you should get the size as set.

Thanks Rob, that did it. :D

One question. If the block is then inserted into a drawing where the precision is set to 0, will that affect the constraint?

//Martin

I am talking about drawing units not dimension units, hang on pics work better ....

Format%2520Units.jpg

Drawing%2520units.jpg

failing that can you right click the constraint dim and select properties, sometimes you can change precision in there but will only work for that adjusted item.

again hope it helps.

Rob

Glad I could help.

As Dave (dbroada) mentioned, acad should work to what you type in but may, dependant on your precision setting, dimension it differently.

In my line of work setting the drawings up to two decimal places is normally suitable ( I work in millimeters ) so all drawings I insert into will be set up that way or if the dwg is from an outside source I set it to my way.

If your in a cad office they may have their own cad standards you have to work to though.

Rob.