xrefs unreferenced/not found after repathing, saving, closing and reopening file

erin0karr

I have come across two files in this same project that have this problem. I open the file, repath all the xrefs to the correct files, save the drawing and close it. When I reopen it, all the xrefs are back to saying unreferenced or not found. Tips?

You're using a hard path not a relative path right?

Are there any "nested" xrefs? See your help file topic: Change Nested Xref Paths.

I am using a hard path and most are nested. I went into the xref with all the nested ones, repathed, saved closed. Opened the drawing in question, repathed the xref and all nested xrefs repathed automatically. Saved, closed, reopened, still makes me repath the xref.

Currently browsing the help topic..

Well here is a kludge of a workaround.

Add the path to your project file folder to your program's Support File Search Path. It isn't elegant but it might work.

• 2 years later...