How to measure total length of several lines?

Hi,

I have a lot of lines and I need the Total length, I have them in a separate layer,

I have tried with Field and Dataextraction but it is not exactly what I need, or I did not do it exactly.

For Field, I can not select all line.

Dataextraction takes all lines in the drawing, I need lines that are in the layer.

How can I do that?

Lines.png

Thank you :)

Also please note that DATAEXTRACTION command can process either entire drawing or a selection set - use QSELECT or FILTER to build it and input as Previous.

Thank you for your help :)

An excellent lisp here: http://www.lee-mac.com/totallengthandarea.html [tlen.lsp]

I used the LISP it's perfect, great tool.

Also please note that DATAEXTRACTION command can process either entire drawing or a selection set - use QSELECT or FILTER to build it and input as Previous.

Dear MSasu, I have tried what you said but I don't find Previous, can you please explain how to do it, I want to learn it :) Thank you.

Call the QSELECT command and define a filtering rule to suit your case; this will create a selection set with items matching that, those will be highlighted.

Now call DATAEXTRACTION and when asked to indicate what to interrogate check Select objects in the current drawing option and press the right locatedl ive selection button; when back in editor input P (for Previous). The previously defined selection set will be highlighted again and used for data extraction.