Revit Tutorials

Thaumaturge

Can anyone tell me if the downloadable Revit trial version can be used for Revit tutorial exercises (even after 30 day trial period).

Yes. After the 30-day full access trial period is up, you actually still have full use of the program. The only thing it locks out is two things: the ability to save and plot. Basically, it turns Revit into a full access "viewer" so to speak. Quite genius approach, actually.

So you may continue to use it to the full capabilities for training and learning purposes.

• 1 month later...

My 30-day trial period is up and the dialogue box that appears when I start up Revit now only gives me the option of buying Revit or 'Exit Trial' so that I cannot continue to use it. Any suggestions?

Perhaps an exploit was found that could bypass the save/plot lock, and they discontinued allowance for this version?

Complete guesswork my end.

I have found the answer.

I have to go to the start menu>all programs>autodesk>revit 2015>revit 2015 viewer.

tzframpton was perfectly correct in his first post - it was just a matter of locating the viewer.

I have found the answer.

I have to go to the start menu>all programs>autodesk>revit 2015>revit 2015 viewer.

I was just about to post this... :)

• 2 weeks later...

****** could probably do the trick. Funny, i have a legal version but everyone i work with all have every damn program out there from ******. It is the same program download from website with a nice little crack with it. My opinion is autodesk doesnt care. if nobody knows how to use the program than nobody will buy it. Let the rookies get it free so they can get a job and their employer buy the real version. I am pretty sure thats what is going on.

Edited by Cad64
Removed Name of Illegal Software Site

Regardless of whether you think Autodesk cares or not, CadTutor does not condone the use of pirated software and we do not promote illegal software sites. The website name you provided has been removed from your post. In the future, please do not post messages about torrents, cracks or illegal software sites.

Thanks

My opinion is autodesk doesnt care. if nobody knows how to use the program than nobody will buy it. Let the rookies get it free so they can get a job and their employer buy the real version. I am pretty sure thats what is going on.
If they didn't care then they wouldn't go through the trouble of creating and maintaining licensing for the software.

The important thing to remember is without saving or plotting, you cannot profit off the fully functional "viewer". It's actually a genius idea, and provides promotional incentive to propel the industry forward without the loss of financial compensation for Autodesk or the ability to actively test and practice for the end users. I actually wish all paid software applications followed this mantra.

Viewer mode can be invoked by appending the /viewer command-line switch to the startup command.

Handy if you're debugging add-ins from Visual Studio in an unlicensed copy.

• 4 months later...