Pump symbol for one line diagram? which one is correct?

Sengna

what is the different use purpose between these 2 pumps, which one can i use for to show just general pump one one line diagram? i want to show a pump with 3" pipe outlet from the pump.

one line diagram.jpg

Is this a homework question?

Using a very small amount of logic here, a one line diagram shows only a little detail, whereas plan, profile, section, and/or an actual detail sheet shows, well, more detail.

If I were a betting man, I'd say the symbol on the right is more generic, and thus should be used for a one line diagram. In most one line diagrams I've worked with, the diagram doesn't represent the pipe sizes being used, but the individual pipe segment labels often specify the size for you, hence the resultant diagram. :thumbsup:

HTH

Is this a homework question?

Using a very small amount of logic here, a one line diagram shows only a little detail, whereas plan, profile, section, and/or an actual detail sheet shows, well, more detail.

If I were a betting man, I'd say the symbol on the right is more generic, and thus should be used for a one line diagram. In most one line diagrams I've worked with, the diagram doesn't represent the pipe sizes being used, but the individual pipe segment labels often specify the size for you, hence the resultant diagram. :thumbsup:

HTH

This is the real world question, I am creating one line diagram from what i saw on the field. i was going to use the pump on the right side too, but just want to make sure if the one on the left represent the same meaning, on google search it was called: "Centrifugal" not sure what that mean?. I want to show pumps with pipe line size call out and some valves. The pump has outlet and inlet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48301[/ATTACH]

Use a symbol that looks like this.

Hi Remak, is this regular pump (In and Out inlets)? not the Centrifugal pump? yes or no

If it's schematic then a box would even suffice as long as it's tagged/labeled properly. There's not real right or wrong way as long as some type of symbol is used that can then be referenced to the pump information in a schedule. ReMark's schematic pump is the most common and considered the industry standard.

If it's schematic then a box would even suffice as long as it's tagged/labeled properly. There's not real right or wrong way as long as some type of symbol is used that can then be referenced to the pump information in a schedule. ReMark's schematic pump is the most common and considered the industry standard.

Thank you tzframpton and Remark, that's all i need to make sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48302[/ATTACH] Need symbol to represent this type of pump?

Use one similar to that which I posted an image of previously. Don't forget to show a motor too.