delete multiple vertices

Matthew26

Hello all,

I've been using Autocad2012 for about eight months now mainly as a tool to create polylines that represent catchment areas i.e for use in hydrology related projects.

I have looked around on the web and in the help but can't seem to find a way to do something which I find to be quite to do in another program called MapInfo. That is I may have a polyline which needs a fair bit of adjusting - and a long strectch of vertices may need deleting. I'm finding I have to delete them one at a time. In MapInfo I can click on a vertex and then hold down SHIFT and click on another one and that will highlight the vertices in between and click delete and it will just be a straight line joining the start and end points with the vertices removed. How do I do something similar in Autocad so I don't have to click "remove vertex" many times over which can be time consuming?

thank you

Use the 'pedit' command. Type pedit, select the polyline , type e for edit, type either n or p to move to the first point, s for straighten, type either n or p to move to the last point, type g and it will remove all the points in between.

When doing "BREAK" how did you bring up the "first point" after selecting the object mine says "select second break point" straight away.

Nestly is using DYNAMIC INPUT, and has used the down arrow on his keyboard to access the available options scroll down list.

In this case FIRST POINT is the only option in the menu.

Nestly is using DYNAMIC INPUT, and has used the down arrow on his keyboard to access the available options scroll down list.

In this case FIRST POINT is the only option in the menu.

Right. When there are options within a Command, Dynamic Input displays a small arrow next to the command name. Pressing the "Down Arrow" on the keyboard will show those options in a clickable menu. I did that only for demonstration purposes, it's actually quicker to just press the "F" key within the BREAK command to activate the [F]irst point option.

Dynamic Options.gif