Materials Mapping Problems

nicolas

Hi,

I am having quite number of problems with applying materials on a project. Each time I apply a 600x600 Floor or Wall Tiles materials, it happens that the tiles are placed at an angle (diagonally) instead of being ortho. I know I can use Planar Mapping with Rotate but there is no option to set an angle. It seemed that modification is applied visually.

mapping01.jpg

Is there a way for the material to be applied as per current UCS? One of the edges is diagonal and I believe this is the reason for the materials to be applied diagonally.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you tried the MATERIALMAP command? First you have to select an option like Box, Panar, etc. then you can move or rotate the material using the appropriate "gizmo". End result:

MaterialMap1.PNG

Edited by ReMark

I used the said command, select PLANAR, do the rotation. The problem is that I don't know if its precise as it does not work like actual 2d or 3d rotate rather it is done visually. I mean there is no way to know if the tiles are set in ORTHO position. I, also try the copy mapping but nothing changed. The only solution was to do a rectangular box, apply the materials then substract part of it so that the shape match. It seems strange that due to 1 of the edge being diagonal, the whole materials follow that orientation.

As you can see from the image I posted I had no trouble turning the tiles 45 degrees. Everything appears to line up.

Thanks for your reply. It would have been great to be able to do such by typing the angle instead of doing it visually by rotating the gizmo due to number of technical problems especially related to PC/Memory and Graphics card when doing complex 3D. Anyway if this is not possible, it is not possible. Thanks for your input.

At this point your computer is AutoCAD's own worst enemy. You really only have 2GB of RAM and you are running, Windows, AutoCAD, and what else concurrently? A browser? Anti-virus program? Other?

What are you using for a graphics card?