Flatshot and Rotate

curtie20

Good Day

I have this 3D drawing in the attachment that I have to generate a 2D view using Flatshot. I've managed to draw the 3D view and generate the 2D view using Flatshot. The problem I'm having is to rotate the 2D view on to the same plane and direction as the 3D view.

Thanks in advance for answers.

3D Modelling[smallpdf.com] (1).pdf

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• curtie20

• Dadgad

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AutoCAD 2013? Why aren't you using BASEVIEW?

Rotate your 3D model first then run Flatshot. Repeat as many times as required.

Or...make copies of your 3D model, rotate them accordingly then run Flatshot once.

Edited by ReMark

OneShotFlatshot.jpg

One shot Flatshot using copies of the original 3D model.

Top row = Flatshot results.

Bottom row = 3D models.

It doesn't matter if I looked at it or not. The techniques I've suggested should work for any view.

If you can't get it to work then skip Flatshot and use BaseView. AutoCAD will automatically figure it out for you. Use the right tool for the job at hand.

Is your PDF from a book that you are using in a class assignment? If so then I agree as the instructions were clear to what technique to use.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Re: Flatshot. Set up two viewports in your layout and show the normal orthographic views in one and the isometric view in the other.

Curtie20

I haven't played with Flatshot yet but I suspect it works similarly to Soldraw, Solview, etc.

Here is what I do to generate a flattened isometric.

1) Organize the desired view by Orbiting or however.

2) Set a UCS using the "View" option this will set the plane parallel to the screen.

3) Ctrl-C to copy the object to the clipboard

4) Return to WCS and issue the Plan command

5) Ctrl-V to paste the objects

6) Explode if needed

7) Flatten away.

I was using the term generically. These are more or less all new commands to me since up until a month ago I was on R14 and used a custom program I wrote called "Squash" (along with a subroutine called "Squish") :)

I would ignore the book and use 21st century commands.

viewbase and follow the command line.

Your instructor will

1. not even realize what you did, or

2. not understand what you did and ask you how you did it and then you will proceed to teach the teacher.

I would follow your teacher's instructions to the letter and not be "that student". Now having said that there are other ways to accomplish this task. Learn these as well on your own. This will only increase your knowledge and understanding of the subject matter. Those of us "not" in your class and not having knowledge of the course don't know if your teacher will show you other ways to do this such as the ones you have seen here.

I am trying my best to follow the instructions

Tomorrow I will work on the two view ports

It is difficult for me cause I'm doing distance learning

Edited by Cad64
Merged 3 posts

Remark, the pictures you sent me of the 3D drawing along with the flatshot. Your flatshot drawing is representing a true 2D were as the question in my assignment wants the flatshot geometry on the same plane as the 3D