• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• curtie20

• Dadgad

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ViewBase does not require the user to have a viewport already existing in the layout. You indicate to AutoCAD that the objects you want to work with are in model space when you first invoke the command. The blocks will be created/placed in the layout. Look at the command line for the various options such as Orientation.

You don't need/use viewports when relying on ViewBase for your different orthographic/isometric views. You can have as many different views as you need/want to create.

Hi Guys

I am faced with another problem. I have created a 2D object from a 3d object using flatshot. I have created 2 viewports to show the 2d object in the one viewpoint and to show the 3D object in the other viewport in model space. The problem I'm having is both the 2D and 3D object are showing in both the viewports. When I try to edit the drawing in the one viewpoint to delete. It edits in both viewports

It sounds like you are on your LAYOUT TAB, but that you have double clicked inside of one of the viewports,

which means you are actually in MODELSPACE. If you look at the bottom of your screen,

over towards the right, does it say MODEL or PAPER. Look at the attached image.

While it appears I am in Paperspace, you can see at the bottom MODEL is showing, and the viewport

is HIGHLIGHTED. In this situation, anything you do will be displayed in all viewports.

What you need to do is to click ONCE ONLY inside whichever viewport you are trying to

set up, make sure that it is unlocked, so that you can position the view within the viewport, and scale it however you want.

Once you are happy with it, LOCK the viewport scale.

Then you should repeat the process in your second viewport,

setting up the view however you want it, and once again LOCKING the viewport scale when you are finished.

you are really in modelspace.jpg

It sounds to me like you want to be setting up PAPERSPACE viewports, not Modelspace VIEWPORTS.

A viewport created in MODELSPACE will show everything in your MODEL, and anything you do in one, will also

happen in the other, although likely from a different perspective.

Late to the party.

Having just reviewed your assignment, I see that you have been asked to create the viewports

in a LAYOUT or in MODELSPACE, so you may go either way.

If both objects are showing up, move them further apart, then zoom to focus

on the different items in your two viewports.

If you see in the attachment I have uploaded, you will see the 2 viewports with the 2D and 3D drawing in each viewport. For example I need the 2D on the left viewport and the 3D on the right viewport. I cant seem to get that right.

2 Viewports (2).pdf

As I suggested earlier, your objects are so close together that it makes it a bit difficult to isolate them in your different views.

Move them further apart, so as to facilitate displaying each of them independently in their own viewports.

Come to think of it you could display them independently by just zooming into each of the viewports

and adjusting your view a bit, so that the other object didn't show.

Just click into the viewport you want to adjust to make it active,

then hold down your MOUSE WHEEL and you will be able to grip and drag

to set up your view.

You can save us all a lot of time and aggravation by attaching a copy of the actual DWG file to your next post. Someone here will take a look at it.

Pare it down then and try again.

Reading back through some of your posts it sounds like you are editing objects through a viewport then expecting to see different things in each of your two viewports. That is not going to happen. Each viewport should be set up such that it displays a separate portion of the drawing. So, one viewport will display only the 2D objects while the other viewport will display only the 3D object(s). You do realize that viewports can be resized using their grips don't you? Do you also know that one can freeze layers in one viewport yet have those same layers displayed in another? How much do you really know about viewports anyways? Have they been covered in class?

You could quite easily create two rectangles in your model, one rectangle enclosing each of your objects,

after which it would be quite simple to use the ZOOM command, pick one of the corners, followed by picking

the diagonally opposite corner, and you will be a very happy camper.

That is doing a ZOOM invoking the WINDOW option, but since it is the default ZOOM type,

you don't need to use the WINDOW commandline option, as it will happen anyway.

Pare it down then and try again.

Reading back through some of your posts it sounds like you are editing objects through a viewport then expecting to see different things in each of your two viewports. That is not going to happen. Each viewport should be set up such that it displays a separate portion of the drawing. So, one viewport will display only the 2D objects while the other viewport will display only the 3D object(s). You do realize that viewports can be resized using their grips don't you? Do you also know that one can freeze layers in one viewport yet have those same layers displayed in another? How much do you really know about viewports anyways? Have they been covered in class?

ReMark I think it may be the right time to post that link to your definitive VIEWPORT post for Curtie. :)

Ah, the synchronicity of great intellects! :|

Ive uploaded the DWG file as requested, I need the 2D in the one viewport and I need the 3D in the second viewport. I cant seem to get it right

Like this? 3D Modeling1.dwg

Your drawing file has two MODELSPACE viewports, which is different from a PAPERSPACE viewport. I haven't read through all 5 pages of this thread, but what exactly are you trying to do?

Edited by SuperCAD
Fixing grammar. I'm sick today so I'm not all together in my head.