Flatshot and Rotate

curtie20

I have two suggestions.

First. Change the layer color for layer MD_Hidden to a different color. Makes it look better.

Second. In model space, temporarily move your 3D model to see then delete the remaining profiles. Makes for a cleaner drawing.

You've done well. Congrats.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• curtie20

• Dadgad

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did not participate in that discussion much if at all as I recall.

My only comment would be in regards to viewports.

1. Put them on their own layer with a color other than black/white.

2. Lock the display after setting the viewport scale.

Yes I will when I'm doing my final presentation. This is just for practice

For learning purpose, why is it necessary to lock printer on the viewport layer

Edited by Cad64
Merged posts

You don't want the viewport boundary to print.

(technically, I don't think you are "locking printer", but setting to No Print)

You set the viewport layer to "no print" in the Layer Properties Manager. That means while it will display on your screen it will not print out on your hard copy.

You lock the display so that you do not accidentally change the viewport scale. This can be done in several ways one of which is through the Properties palette. Find the option "Display locked" and change it from no to yes.

Save the attached file to your hard drive, preferably to a "trusted" location (Options => Files => Trusted Locations). In AutoCAN'T, type APPLOAD. Find the file and load it. Also, add it to your start up suite. Now you can type VPORTFIX in the command line and it will find every single viewport in your drawing file, move them to the VIEWPORTS layer (if this layer doesn't exist, it will create it, but you will have to make it a non-plotting layer) and lock them.

To go one step further, create a custom button for a toolbar and add ^C^C_VPortFix in the macro box. Now you can use the button instead of typing the command.

VPortReactor.lsp

Just ran into a problem now. Was doing my final presentation of my assignment for submission. The baseview does not want to plot

I'll let someone else comment on them as I already have said enough. A fresh set of eyes will catch anything I may have missed.