Pop-up Option for Selecting Linework on top on one another

I had my AutoCAD set up so when I had multiple polylines on top of one another, I could just click the line and a small ("quickoption" maybe?) window popped up displaying the different layers that each line was on and I could select the line I was wanting to edit.

Well, this disappeared (maybe I hit an "F" key) and now I can only select the line that is on the top or select all of them (sometimes I'll have 3-4 lines on top of one another and have them on different layers).

Does anyone know how I can bring this setting back? I hope this is clear...as its challenging to type this issue in a search (as far as wording goes).

That's called selection cycling. There is a button for it on the bottom of the window or Ctrl+W will toggle it.

Hooray! I couldn't find the button anywhere at the bottom - I probably have that toolbar not displayed...but the shortcut works great!

And here is another tidbit for the OP. Type STATUSBAR at the command line. A value of "1" will turn it on and a value of "0" will turn it off. Good to know if you are ever a contestant on Jeopardy and one of the categories is AutoCAD. LoL

I had my AutoCAD set up so when I had multiple polylines on top of one another, I could just click the line and a small ("quickoption" maybe?) window popped up displaying the different layers that each line was on and I could select the line I was wanting to edit.

Well, this disappeared (maybe I hit an "F" key) and now I can only select the line that is on the top or select all of them (sometimes I'll have 3-4 lines on top of one another and have them on different layers).

Does anyone know how I can bring this setting back? I hope this is clear...as its challenging to type this issue in a search (as far as wording goes).

the easiest way i use :

1) turn selectionpreview (autocad variable ) to 3.

3) use shift+spacebar to toggle between objects.

the easiest way i use :

1) turn selectionpreview (autocad variable ) to 3.

3) use shift+spacebar to toggle between objects.

Where is #2?

I used to use shift+spacebar for selection cycling and always found it cumbersome but found the pop-up window very annoying. We recently upgraded AutoCAD and I decided to give the some of the OOTB settings a go. I am more tolerant of pop-ups than I used to be and may be keeping this one.

Where is #2?

I used to use shift+spacebar for selection cycling and always found it cumbersome but found the pop-up window very annoying. We recently upgraded AutoCAD and I decided to give the some of the OOTB settings a go. I am more tolerant of pop-ups than I used to be and may be keeping this one.

theres no 2 , sorry my mistake:?

In order to display the SELECTION CYCLING icon on the Status Bar,

access it in the APPLICATION STATUS BAR MENU, in the STATUS TOGGLES drop down in the lower right hand corner of your screen.

I like the pop up menu much more than cycling with the spacebar. If the object which is highlighted blue on the list, is the one you want,

then there is no need to do anything more than hit ENTER, as the software has

preselected it for your consideration, which if not overriden will be applied.

Edited by Dadgad