issue with group plot style settings

sandiegophil

Hello all,

Hopefully I am not going to go into a bunch of unnecessary detail, I just need a solution please!!

I have a set of sections, 20 of them. When I create multiple section views c3d produces them as 5 columns and 4 rows. I need it to produce 4 columns by 5 rows. Does someone know how to do this aside from making a custom template every time I want to do this? The ideal situation would be to be able to pick a set of section views and manipulate them by either the number of columns or rows. Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why this matters? If your placing them in Model space then how you lay out your

viewports will control your rows / columns.

Maybe I'm missing something?

it's a width vs height issue, I would like it to stack them differently so I do not have to rearrange them if one is added or i update the group.

[____] [____] [____] [____]

[____] [____] [____] [____]

versus

[____][____]

[____][____]

[____][____]

[____][____]

But like JerryG said, if they are in model space it wouldn't matter if they were all in one row or two rows or one column. Just use one viewport per section view to create your sheet how you want it in paper space.

The sections are rather wide and flat. I am trying to find out if what I asked in my initial post is possible. I do not want to create a viewport for each section and then have to arrange them in paper space.

What I would like to know is if someone knows a way to control row and column settings for multiple section creation with draft settings and not applying a template. It seems I am doing a poor job of explaining why...

Gotcha - Plot your sections like you normally would but when you get to "Section Placement"

Look at the style under " Group Plot Style"

Select "Edit current selection" to the right then look under "Array"

This is where you modify the Row and Column settings to your needs.

Ok, now that is a BIG help. Can you give me one more bit of data? As a major exaggeration, if my file had 20 sections, how would I set the plot style to generate 2 columns of 10 sections each? I have tried nearly all the settings and I cannot make this happen. Thanks for your help!

That is what I feared. I was hopeful but it seems that you cannot just set a row and column criteria. This all has to be done with those darn templates.

Thanks to all your time and help it is appreciated. Thanks JerryG!

Regards,

Phil

You bet Phil!

Glad I could at least shed partial light. That thread I posted was an ongoing one from

2007. It seams this is another example of Autodesk not listening to the end user

in regards to what we really need. Maybe 2015 will change:lol: