Designer Dog

Plotting, .Pc3 Files, the Layout Manager and Using Multiple Paper Sizes

Designer Dog

I have a hard deadline coming up and don't have the time to sift through all the great info already presented here. I apologize if this topic has already been covered in another thread. I'd like to know as much as I can so if it has please let me know.

I'm using Autocad LT 2014 plotting to a KIP3000 wide format plotter. I'm accustomed to plotting my drawings 24x36 and recently I've been requested to plot a 22x34 of my 24x36 drawing. 8)

So I went out and got a roll of 34" paper and loaded it in the KIP. :geek:Then used the following plot settings:

ANSI D (22x34)

EXTENTS

Center plot

Fit to Paper

These settings work great for plotting my drawings 24x36. [when paper size set to ARCH D (24x36)] :D

My problem is that when plotting to 22x34 the drawing is almost 6" shifted to the right and the top is cut off by about 1". :?

My goal is to have a 22x34 of the 24x36 drawing centered and fit to the page. I have tried to create a .Pc3 file to calibrate my scale but it still didn't center the drawing it only made it smaller. I then adjusted the origin location but still couldn't pinpoint exactly where center would fall. :oops:

I'm just beginning to use more advanced features like .Pc3 files and plotter configurations so any feedback would be greatly appreciated to get this drawing plotted.o:)

Thanks,

-Designer Dog

BIGAL

Couple of things is your title block set up for a 22x34 sheet ? Are you plotting a title block not at 1:1 scale say from a layout ? Have you taken into account the hard clip limits of the paper size ?

Designer Dog

I was still using the 24x36 title block and the Extents/fit to page functions to size it to a 22x34 layout. The scale shows 1"=1.107 units when I do this (*drawing doesn't need to be to scale). I was assuming that the dashed rectangle in paperspace was accounting for the hard clip limits and I'm well within that. Am I assuming correctly?

Designer Dog

*UPDATE*

I was able to plot the drawings 22x34 by still using extents/Center plot. I simply changed the scale to 1"=1.16 units to shrink the border to within the hard clip limits. Thanks for your help @BIGAL.

Ski_Me

You could always create a new layout for a 22x24 then scale your titleblock to fit if you ever need to do this again and it needs to be scaled. Just be sure to make a new view port.