100' chord angle ??? Civil drafting Plate 1 Penn Foster

J-stone

Hello all, I am working on the civil drafting for penn foster. I am having trouble understanding how to show my 100' chord for the delta angle asked for on pg. 17. It says

"10. The property line now extends 454.75' in a clockwise direction to the POB. for this line segment running along Cedar Park Drive, show the delta angle, the length, the radius of the curve, and the angle of the 100' chord of the property line."

So is there anyone who could show me an example of a way to show the angle of the 100' chord? I'm not sure how to show this, let alone on a curve with a radius of 7075.37'. any help would be great.

So I am to mark every 100' along the western right of way?

BTW, thankyou for the quick response. You are much faster than my instructor. And this forum site has been much more helpful than my instructor.

This image must be from another plate other than plate 1, because I did not see any instructions stating to label the length and bearings of the property lines???

To my knowledge you do not have to indicate 100' intervals along any of the street lines or property lines.

I can assure you that the image above was taken directly from Plate 1 of the Civil project. Perhaps you haven't read through the entire set of instructions yet. Line lengths and bearing would normally be required on a drawing of this type.

Don't count on a quick response and you won't be disappointed.

Well I'm just giving you fair warning that you won't always get as quick a response here as you might expect based upon your first experience. What I can tell you is this. I visit CADTutor on almost a daily basis and I am probably at this point the person most familiar with the Penn-Foster projects so it's likely we will speak again. Now I must leave for a rather lengthy meeting. Upon my return I will make a point of viewing this thread. That's the best I can do at the moment. Good luck.

I did return (about 2.5 hours later) but seeing there was no further activity on your part I guess you were able to continue on with the project. I'll check this thread again on Friday. See ya. Bye.

Edited by ReMark