How do you get the EQ symbols to show on dimensions.

profcad

I am working on a parametric family and I'm trying to place two dimensions on the drawing and "Toggle the Equality Icon" but I don't see it anywhere.

I selected the two 2'4" dimension objects, but I don't see the EQ Icon.

noeq.jpg

when you place the 2 dimensions you should see an EQ with a line through it, click that and it will change them to EQ

note, you need to draw 2 dimensions for the little symbol to come up.

also the EQ it will be above the dims, in blue.

I'm using Revit Architecture 2009.

If you look at the example above, the EQ symbols don't show up. I have been using Revit for the past several weeks now and I have never seen the symbol.

When I select the dimension and right click the option to display EQ symbol is grayed out.

I tried using the commercial, residential and default templates.

I haven't installed any of the service packs yet. I will install them this week and see if that could be the problem.

Thanks for you help.

After dimensioning, click on the "EQ". Now both the dimensions will changed to "EQ" text.

The only prolbem is I don't see "EQ". The icon doesn't appear on my screen.

"EQ" is a system by default. In my Revit 2009 version it is automatically appears when i dimension two dimensions in a single stroke. just click on the "EQ" and it the displayed dimensions will automatically changes into "EQ" system. I do not know any sytem settings for "EQ".

• 2 weeks later...

I figured it out. USER ERROR.

I have to pick the one side first, then the other side, then the dimension in the center. Revit will create chain of dimensions. The EQ symbols will display.

I was creating two seperate dimensions.

• 9 months later...
I figured it out. USER ERROR.

I have to pick the one side first, then the other side, then the dimension in the center. Revit will create chain of dimensions. The EQ symbols will display.

I was creating two seperate dimensions.

Dear profcad,

I just wanted to thank you for explaining how to fix the EQ display issue!:)

• 1 year later...

excuse me my english, I had the same problem but when you catch it, is piece of cake, then you need put the annotate in "aligned dimension" option when you put both dimensions, these must be aligned off course the program is associating the distance betwen ones, now select the dimension and click in the "EQ" crossed brand.

GOD bless you!

• 1 month later...

I'm in the process of learning Revit, in fact I'm quite new to Autodesk products in general. And I recently had the same frustrating problem as you. But I just worked out what I was doing wrong. It had to do with how I was placing the dimensions (one at a time, instead of in a string).

For eg: If you have ponts A B C D E F, instead of placing the dimensions between AB then clicking BC then CD, DE, EF. You should rather click from A to B to C to D to E to F. Then the EQ symbol should display. I hope this helps!

• 2 years later...