Volme grid map with cut fill labels

John1951

Hello

I haven t been able to find an answer by searching the forum so I am starting this topic although it may have been answered before. I am trying to create a volume grid map showing cut fill elevation differences at the grid corners and labels in each grid square stating how much cut fill is in that square. I created 2 tin surfaces, Existing Ground Surface and As Made Surface after excavation. I then created a Tin Volume Surface. I closed the EG surface and the As Made Surface leaving only the Tin Volume Surface visible on screen. Next I defined and turned on the grid. Finally I turned on the Levels layer, showing the depth of excavation in shades of blue. Now I am stuck. I am using Autocad Civil 3D 2009 and XP. Any help would be very welcome now

Thank You

John

Since you already have a volume surface, shouldn't a Surface Label that shows elevation do the trick? You can place them in a grid fashion and customize the text on the label pretty easy.

Hello

After reading your post I learned to add elevation labels to my volume surface at the grid intersections. I attached a jpg with some of the results. Now all I need to do is add cut/fill amounts to each grid square. Is this possible? Thanks very much

John

AsMadeMACH314.jpg