Profile Vertical Scaling

jasonmc

Hello,

I'm having issues with the vertical scaling when I create a profile from an alignment. The horizontal scale is correct but the vertical comes out 1:10. I've adjusted the vertical exaggeration to 1:1 but it doesn't change the drawing even though it saves the changes. I've regenerated the drawing and nothing changes. Does anyone have a solution for this??

I have moved your thread to the Civil-forum.

Have you checked the actual measurements of the profile so you are absolutetly certain it doesn't change? I have been baffled by the vertical exaggeration many times until I get it right.

The scale of the profile is also dependent on the CANNOSCALE of your drawing, that you change at the bottom right of your drawing - what do you have set there?

Can you upload the drawing here so we can take a look at it?

Thanks Tiger,

I have checked the measurements and they don't change. Where there should read 4' difference on the grid, it measures at 40'. My CANNOSCALE is set to 1":60'. I have tried altering this as well but it doesn't change the profile. I have been drawing my profiles by hand for the past 6 years and figured I would give it a shot letting ACAD do this for me. So much for that being easy! I cannot upload my drawing due to the nature of security on this project.

If you create a profile, and from the start select a 1:1 exageration, does it work then?

are you sure your Profile View Style is set to 1:1? what I mean is that the Object Style can be named 1:1 but still have another exxaggeration. Go into the Profile View Style to check, on the Graph-tab.

2014-06-16 17-00-25.jpg

Trust me, when you get the hang of it, letting Civil do the profiles is soo much easier :)

I just tried to create the profile at a 1.0000 vertical exaggeration. Same result. It wants to automatically adjust my vertical scale which makes my profile show a MUCH more drastic difference in elevation that has my client baffled. I need to show the profile with actual layout and no exaggeration at all.

Problem solved. Solution below:

Select profile grid in Model Space>Right Click>Profile View Properties>Elevations Tab>Select Automatic Height

Select profile line in Model Space>Right Click>Edit Profile Style>Markers Tab>Size Option> set to Use Drawing Scale