ok....so how would I go about changing the titleblock? I should also say that this titleblock was provided, not created by me. At this point, I'm more interested in making sure the drawing looks proper.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rkent

• 6655321CAD

• nestly

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scale the title block by a factor of 25.4. You may need to adjust its size slightly to allow for plotting at 1:1. Now when you stretch that same viewport to fill the larger title block it will cover a much larger area allowing you to show your model in the 1:30 scale.

wait.....wait a sec....ok. Now I get it. :) :oops: Ok, so at this point I should state that my background is primarily in architecture, and this is a survey, which is measured/drawn in decimal units. I approached this thing as a siteplan, when it was a completely different animal.....:oops: I guess sometimes you don't really learn until you've made a complete ass out of yourself.... In any case, I would like to thank all of you awesome CAD gurus for answering my call for help. While I've been using CAD for a few years now, I'm mostly self-taught and still have tons to learn. So, I guess the next course of action would be to draw this thing in the correct units. Of course, if anyone should know of a quicker way to match a drawing to another drawing's scale, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I'm in for a pretty long night, but hey.....c'est la vie. Either way, thanks to the lot of you---us drafters definitely gotta stick together. Cheers!

There should be no need to redraw, and I'm not entirely convinced there's anything wrong with your current setup except the viewport scale.

If you could share the drawing, it would go a long way toward getting you a speedy and accurate resolution. Just state what size paper you wish to output to, and what 1 unit in your drawing is supposed to represent. (ie does 1 drawing unit = 1 inch, 1 foot, 1 millimeter, 1 meter, or something else?)

So, here's a jpg of the pdf of my paperspace. As you can all see, the drawing scale is huge, and will not fit inside the viewport. Suggestions and solutions would be greatly appreciated. :cry:

The distance shown of 16.90' is actually referred to as decimal feet/inches. In this case the property line is 16 feet 11" +/-. 11" expressed in decimal inches would be 0.92. In my opinion this is not a drawing done is metric units therefore you should not be using a metric scale for your viewport window.

It is not 10" it's 11". My mistake.

Edited by ReMark

I concur. I think the solution may be as simple as activating the viewport and choosing an appropriate scale to display the model.

The distance shown of 16.90' is actually referred to as decimal feet/inches. In this case the property line is 16 feet 10" +/-. 10" expressed in decimal inches would be 0.92. In my opinion this is not a drawing done is metric units therefore you should not be using a metric scale for your viewport window.
Agreed, it is not in metric units.

Survey drawings are done in decimal feet to tenths, and maybe sometimes hundredths of a foot if done with lasers and tripod reflectors. No inches. The distance is 16 and 9 tenths feet. It shouldn't be changed to 16.92 to represent 10". It will simply confuse the engineer. ;)

Surveys usually use scales of 1" = 20', 1" = 50', 1" = 100'/120'/200' and so on.

I corrected my earlier post but just to clarify 0.90 is very close to 11" not 10". The actual decimal equivalent of 11" is 0.9167. 1" is equivalent to 0.0833.