How do i plot using the greyscare but leaving a color block unaffected by this ?

n19llw

Hi,

Ive been given a block to attach to my drawings (text with color) to as built drawings and print. However when print this is affected by the grey scale and plots with no color. Im scared to try messing about to much incase i make things worse. I see tutorials online on changing layers etc but nothing for a block :(

Simply my question is how to stop this block being affected by greyscale with the least amout of editing.

I know this is proberably very easy but im just afraid to do more damage than good.

Many thanks for your help

You could always do a save as, rename the drawing and test out different methods until you get what you are after then make those changes to your original drawing. Post the drawing here for more help.

Hi,

Ive been given a block to attach to my drawings (text with color) to as built drawings and print. However when print this is affected by the grey scale and plots with no color. Im scared to try messing about to much incase i make things worse. I see tutorials online on changing layers etc but nothing for a block :(

Simply my question is how to stop this block being affected by greyscale with the least amout of editing.

I know this is proberably very easy but im just afraid to do more damage than good.

Many thanks for your help

You can change a renamed copy of the ctb file (plot style table) to print the same color that is coming in from the drawing, while printing any other colors as greyscale.

This will of course, require that none of the colors to be printed as color are used anywhere that greyscale is needed, so the colors in the block may have to be changed. Change them to colors that are ALMOST the same color. Just a tiny, almost undetectable color change is good enough, then make sure to change a line in the ctb file with that same color coming in as going out, for each color in the block.

One thing to be aware of when making a custom plot style. Whenever you send the actual dwg file to another computer, anywhere, the plot style will have to be sent with it.