How much space does the Building Design Suite extraction need?

Siberian

I just downloaded the Building Design Suite Premium 32/64 for Windows. This consists of three files. I attempted to extract this to a 64 GB USB stick, but was there was not enough space - how much does it need for the initial extraction?

Quick google search seems to indicate the BDSP2014 was ~58GB download... 76GB unpacked. Basically twice the advertise Free Disk space required under system requirements because the download/and extracted files contains both 32 and 64bit. If you can get it unpacked, I believe you can just delete all the x86 folders and then move the rest to the USB stick if you aren't going to be doing any 32bit installs

I believe you can just delete all the x86 folders and then move the rest to the USB stick if you aren't going to be doing any 32bit installs

Seems a good idea. Still, the extraction progress bar ends at 39,5 GB. How does that correspond to my 64 GB USB stick apparently not having enough space...?

• 1 month later...

According to instruction only 35 GB is required to install, but I have 51.2 GB free space on my C: drive. All connected USB drives have in excess of 1 TB of free space and the only network drive has 1.5 TB free space. I want to install to the C: drive because a laptop is portable, but when I attempt to install I get the error "Not enough disk space.". Eventually I gave in and went to install it to a 3 TB drive with 1 TB free space and it says it is extracting 75.4 GB

I just downloaded the Building Design Suite Premium 32/64 for Windows. This consists of three files. I attempted to extract this to a 64 GB USB stick, but was there was not enough space - how much does it need for the initial extraction?

I just ordered the USB drive from AutoDesk. I don't care to download those large files. My USB shows over 21 gb used for the ultimate series.