how to make the drawing bigger when converting to pdf

Malak Al-Hroot

Hi there ,

I've made a drawing on AutoCAD LT 2015 with a small dimensions , when converting to pdf it looks like a dot :( so how can I make it clearer ? is there anyway to draw in an A4 size , I mean it will be much easier to draw on and much better to go to your boss and say : Hey I did it !!!

Any help will be appreciated :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malak Al-Hroot

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• f700es

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Via the Plot dialog box where it says Plot Scale. Disable "Fit to Paper" then go to where it says Scale and scroll through the list of available scales and click on the one you think will suit your needs best.

There's no command that helps me drawing on an A4 size , the autocad has an endless space that drives me crazy :??

Yes, AutoCAD gives the user infinite space in which to draw objects. Remember that the cardinal rule of AutoCAD is draw everything FULL size whether you are drawing a paper clip or a Boeing 777 Dreamliner.

Paper size does not enter into the equation until such time as you are ready to plot.

Are you a student?

Actually I had the course 3 years ago , it was such a basic course !

I have no problem in drawing complicated drawing but I face a problem when converting to pdf !

I see. That's unfortunate but not terribly so. Would you be willing to attach a copy of the drawing to your next post? What is it that you are drawing?

Oh thanks so much ReMark , your help is much appreciated !

I'll send the drawing tomorrow since I finish my work , it's finally home time :)

Hello Malak :) You keep saying export to PDF but in reality you print to PDF. In this you set the paper size as well as the plot scale of the finished PDF. You simply start the print/plot command and then select the appropriate printer/plotter name, in this case DWG to PDF (see attached jpg). Set your paper size and then select what you want to plot to PDF in the Plot Area. I have set it to window and then drew a window around what I want to be in the PDF. Next you set your origin and then the scale. As you can see there is a diagram that shows exactly how your selected objects will fit on the paper size you selected. After setting all these you can select Preview and see how it will really look.

Is this how you are doing it?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Actually, you can "Export" to PDF. I've never used it but it looks kind of like publisher and Windows Explorer mushed together.

Export to PDF.png

But, but, but, it does have the option to override current settings even in model space.

Actually, now that I've reread the thread, the OP never even said, "export" as you stated.

But, but, but, it does have the option to override current settings even in model space.

Actually, now that I've reread the thread, the OP never even said, "export" as you stated.

:rolleyes: OK "convert". Anyway, plotting/printing is usually the best option to get a PDF imho. YMMV