Insert Excel Sheet into CAD File.

tipu_sultane

How to insert the Excel File in CAD file. I am using AutoCAD 2012. I used io command and try to attach file by browse tab, but facing two problems.

1.) The attached file result display not full sheet i.e not all rows and columns that I want to display in CAD file.

2.) It only attaches the first sheet from the file. i.e If I want to attached other sheet from the same file what to do.

Thanks.

Excel-Issue.jpg

I have been using Clipboard "Paste". Paste special. Paste link. AutoCAD Entities. And it has worked. If the Excel gets updated it lets you know when you open the drawing.

But the problem I am having is. Once I insert, all the text is small. How can I set the excel text to be a standard size?

I just started playing with tables in AutoCAD linked to ones that are created in Excel and am liking it. Formatting/data can be done on either side or both depending on how you set up the data link. Some things are easier to do in Excel before linking. It took me a few tries to find a method that worked for how I wanted it to work.

I have been using Clipboard "Paste". Paste special. Paste link. AutoCAD Entities. And it has worked. If the Excel gets updated it lets you know when you open the drawing.

But the problem I am having is. Once I insert, all the text is small. How can I set the excel text to be a standard size?

Try the StripMText Lisp on the table in AutoCAD. This strips out the individual cell formating and makes manipulating the table a lot less frustrating.

Try StripMText on the table in AutoCAD. This strips out the individual cell formating and makes manipulating the table a lot less frustrating.

Couldn't this be done with proper setup of the table style and the data link properties?

I've been formatting the Excel file to suit our needs, So, I haven't played with that setting, yet.

Table Style.jpg

Try the StripMText Lisp on the table in AutoCAD. This strips out the individual cell formating and makes manipulating the table a lot less frustrating.

Wait, does that even work on OLE objects?

If you don't need to change the information in these work sheets once you place them I suggest converting them to pdf's then inserting them.

Creating image files from each of the tabs is not a bad idea but I cannot think of one good reason for using PDFs. Having just one in a file causes performance issues. I would highly recommend not using PDFs unless you like slow drawings.

Was going to reply with quote but it's not working for me some reason, anyway pdf's with graphics I have found can slow down your computer because every time you move, resize, zoom, what have you the program has to redraw the graphics. If you don't have any graphics in your pdf and just text then the performance of the program is hardly noticeable. I use battery calculations in my drawings all the time and never had an issue. In fact I found it easier to change the data in the excel file then convert it to the pdf format with the same name as what I have inserted into the drawing, then when I open the drawing the new data is already there because really it's a xref. I would post a drawing but for some reason I cant upload any files, I don't know why. The little spinny thing just keeps spinning.

Okay, I have never inserted a PDF with just text and wouldn't have thought it would be any different.

Have you tried tables in AutoCAD, yet?

I don't know why pdf's with just text compared to pdf's with graphics makes a difference but I know that it does. Also when I do insert a pdf I put it in paperspace because it's typically a 8 1/2 by 11 so it will fit on my layout. The only time I use a table is for a legend. I have a program that's creates a BOM in excel and I just import that then edit it and place my symbols in the extra cells that I create, but I could do that in Adobe too... hmmmm.