Help Please. Etrasmit file missing although created

danielk

Hello

Although i get this message :Transmittal created: C:\Users\dsa\Desktop\400131045 - Standard.zip.

I cant file the file in this location . i try to etransmit a different location but again i don't see the file ?

im trying to solve this problem for an hour , didn't find anything suspicious in the etransmit setup definitiion , anything like it used to be .

Thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielk

• RobDraw

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello

Although i get this message :Transmittal created: C:\Users\dsa\Desktop\400131045 - Standard.zip.

I cant file the file in this location . i try to etransmit a different location but again i don't see the file ?

im trying to solve this problem for an hour , didn't find anything suspicious in the etransmit setup definitiion , anything like it used to be .

Thanks

Are you signed on as user dsa? If not, you will not see that desktop.

yes . signed in as *dsa*..
Try a Windows search for the file name 400131045 - Standard.zip. Since I can't see your computer, there is not a lot else I can do to help.

Try a Windows search for the file name 400131045 - Standard.zip. Since I can't see your computer, there is not a lot else I can do to help.

wow! i found (here : C:\Users\dsa\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\R19.1\enu\Recent\Specify Zip File) a shortcut to all the files i tried to create etransmit , but its a shortcut! and when i click on it i get a windows message of missing shortcut . Capture.JPG

Check the properties of a shortcut to see if it is pointing to that same location that you were trying to use before. If it is, try a location other than your desktop, like a folder on your C: drive to see if it works.

From the information given: The file is being created. A shortcut is also being created. (I verified that AutoCAD creates the shortcut.) The file is being deleted (or possibly hidden).

Could this be from having anti-virus or malware protection settings being too high? Zip files could be tagged as a threat and handled automatically according to the applied settings.

From the information given: The file is being created. A shortcut is also being created. (I verified that AutoCAD creates the shortcut.) The file is being deleted (or possibly hidden).

Could this be from having anti-virus or malware protection settings being too high? Zip files could be tagged as a threat and handled automatically according to the applied settings.

actually i dont have any protection on my pc

actually i dont have any protection on my pc

Why not? There are plenty of free programs that work very well. You could be infected and not even know it. In fact, that may be why you are having this problem. If it were my computer, I would get the free programs from AVG, Malware Bytes, and SpyBot and immediately scan using all three of them.

Why not? There are plenty of free programs that work very well. You could be infected and not even know it. In fact, that may be why you are having this problem. If it were my computer, I would get the free programs from AVG, Malware Bytes, and SpyBot and immediately scan using all three of them.

im installing now AVG .. :?

Report back after doing all three scans. While AVG is very good, it may not get everything. I've seen it detect things but not be able to fix them. That is why I suggested the other two. AVG is the only one I keep active. It blocks just about everything. The other two I use for scanning/fixing only.

Report back after doing all three scans. While AVG is very good, it may not get everything. I've seen it detect things but not be able to fix them. That is why I suggested the other two. AVG is the only one I keep active. It blocks just about everything. The other two I use for scanning/fixing only.

installed avg and malware bytes , removed the threats , but still the same .

• 1 month later...

after a month of trying to find a solution , i decided to uninstall Autocad and reinstall .

i also removed all autodesk products from my PC (inclduing registry leftovers) but still, im unable to create etranasmit

what am i missing . its something with windows 7 maybe ?

• 1 month later...

Check the file path that the shortcuts are pointing to. It could be a clue.

Are you on a network and possibly do not have write privileges to the directory?

im not on a network its a stand alone station .

the shortcut are pointing to the same location i sent the etransmit to.. if i click on the shortcut and "open folder location" windows doesn't find it .