Help Please. Etrasmit file missing although created

danielk

actually i dont have any protection on my pc
you at least have Windows Firewall, and Windows Defender. Change their settings lately, or install any windows updates? Sometimes Windows updates will turn Firewall and Defender back to their default security settings.

Also, is there a remote possibility you etransmitted through a shortcut to your desktop? I'm probably spitting into the wind with that one, but a few windows releases ago,probably Vista, I tried to save something out of my documents folder to my desktop, but I tried it through a shortcut to the desktop that "somebody" in the house put in my documents folder. It did not work at all. No errors, just no file.

I tested this just now with Win 8.1, but it did create the zip on the desktop, although it renamed it Desktop.zip The Acad e files were in it.

This does not sound like it is helping any at all, but maybe I shook a tree.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielk

• RobDraw

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you at least have Windows Firewall, and Windows Defender. Change their settings lately, or install any windows updates? Sometimes Windows updates will turn Firewall and Defender back to their default security settings.

Also, is there a remote possibility you etransmitted through a shortcut to your desktop? I'm probably spitting into the wind with that one, but a few windows releases ago,probably Vista, I tried to save something out of my documents folder to my desktop, but I tried it through a shortcut to the desktop that "somebody" in the house put in my documents folder. It did not work at all. No errors, just no file.

nope .. didnt touch those settings

about the second guess actually i didnt understand you so much . but i tried to etransmsit to different location including a mobile hard disk . same problem .

nope .. didnt touch those settings

about the second guess actually i didnt understand you so much . but i tried to etransmsit to different location including a mobile hard disk . same problem .

What I was saying is, that when I tried to save, or etransmit and used the shortcut to the desktop in my docs folder as the destination, instead of the actual desktop, it doesn't work at all well, but that is not what is happening to you given your testing of other locations. I haven't gotten ito this one much cuz I am pretty clueless so far, but it is intriguing, so I am gonna sherlock it some more. Never know what we may fall into. :shock:

What I was saying is, that when I tried to save, or etransmit and used the shortcut to the desktop in my docs folder as the destination, instead of the actual desktop, it doesn't work at all well, but that is not what is happening to you given your testing of other locations. I haven't gotten ito this one much cuz I am pretty clueless so far, but it is intriguing, so I am gonna sherlock it some more. Never know what we may fall into. :shock:

thanks! it will be a holiday for me if we can solve this issue

Since we don't have access to your computer, it's a guessing game unless it is a known issue.

Have you contacted AutoDesk or your reseller? If not, do it.

Also, post a screen shot of all ETransmit settings and describe for us step by step what you are doing when you ETransmit.