Inappropriate Adverts

steven-g

I don't think this is the right sort of forum for this sort of ad. Please feel free to remove the image

PS this also has nothing to do with my browsing history and I don't even speak french

dating.PNG

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• eldon

• Dadgad

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you. This is a Professional forum after all, and while some of these vixens may be consummate professionals, possibly theirs is an older Profession. :|

Edited by Dadgad

I don't think this is the right sort of forum for this sort of ad. Please feel free to remove the image

PS this also has nothing to do with my browsing history and I don't even speak french

Yep, totally agree with you. The ad network used at CADTutor changed yesterday and I'm still refining the settings. This is on my priority list.

Oh for some French ads. Our ISP was in Holland and the ads I get are in Dutch. I think the ISP has been moved to Poland recently as I can't even "read" the text anymore.

This ad appeared this morning (after clearing browsing history). Not really appropriate.

Edited by eldon
removed ad

This ad appeared this morning (after clearing browsing history). Not really appropriate.

Thanks, I'm still working to prevent these sort of adverts. Will keep this thread updated.

I thought the ads that appear are somehow generated by one's search activity thus if you had searched on Thai food, or a story about corruption in the Thai government or clicked on the name of a Thai pop singer on the Yahoo news page somehow you start seeing more adverts with a Thai theme. Am I wrong? Or are they just a series of random adverts that are paid for then displayed anonymously?

Anyway, I just ignore them. Really, how long do they appear on one's screen? Two or maybe three seconds max before you go click on a thread? Or are you in the habit of leaving the opening screen to CADTutor, or any other website for that matter, displayed for long periods of time with no activity? 99.99% of the ads aren't worth a glance let alone a serious look.

What? You have something against Asian women? They need love too. LoL

But if we must be distracted, let it be by eyes as pretty as hers. :|

Made me want to turn off my ADBLOCK Plus in Firefox.

I never get any ads.

I thought the ads that appear are somehow generated by one's search activity....... Am I wrong?

As I had just cleared out browsing activity and cookies, the only site in the browser history would have been CADTutor.

However, I do not sign in every time that I look at the CADTutor forum. Does one get a better class of adverts if one signs in :?

I get a much better class of adverts. I see adverts for Maserati cars, Gucci apparel, Ciroc premium vodka, and lux vacation resorts. What do you see?

I get a much better class of adverts. I see adverts for Maserati cars, Gucci apparel, Ciroc premium vodka, and lux vacation resorts. What do you see?

They must key into your ISP zipcode then, as Connecticut has the highest per capita income of all 50 states. :| :beer:

Connecticut and Hawaii usually trade places on a yearly basis as the two most expensive states to live in too. Hope I get out before I die.

I thought the ads that appear are somehow generated by one's search activity thus if you had searched on Thai food

True, and advertisers are allowed to include a long list of keywords that make sure that their ads are shown when those keywords are typed by users, heaven forbid that some unscrupulous advertiser would ever think of allowing his ads for fruit to be linked to people searching for vegetables.

As I had just cleared out browsing activity and cookies, the only site in the browser history would have been CADTutor.

However, I do not sign in every time that I look at the CADTutor forum. Does one get a better class of adverts if one signs in :?

How are you clearing them out?