Farm House on a Hill

hoss

Hello,

I have been plying around with revit and reading lots of posts, tutorial here and other forums.

I have done few basic things and starting to find my way around, with occasional pulling hairs out, which i think its normal

I came across this drawing, done by one of my friend for his house, and decided to see if i can model it in revit

the challenge is that the house base floor level is changing along the house

House is on a hill, so looking at front of the house you see the image i have attached.

Not sure how to start this project, any help with be greatly appreciated

Numbers that i have put in the corners, indicate height of the wall outside (from ground to top of wall)

1.jpg

2.jpg

There is a number of ways to accomplish this. You can use Attach Top/Bottom in the Wall Tool to a sloped foundation grade beam. Or you can simply edit the Wall profile in Elevation View. Either way it's very simple and straight forward. Do you need some more assistance in accomplishing this, or were you simply inquiring if it's possible or not?

*EDIT*

Your second post beat mine, barely. The link you provided uses the Wall profile method I mentioned above.

Thanks for your reply and being so helpful

I seem to be doing ""ok""

Was struggling with the roof, as it has a gable roof all the way. Managed to do it wit cutting vertical where not needed. I am sure there must be a better way

3.jpg

Not sure I'm following your question 100% regarding the roof... are you talking about the cut in the center going East to West? That's an easy fix by adjusting your View Range and the Cut Plane. Was that the issue you were inquiring about?