UCS and View

shaisyuki

Hi, I've used autocad 2007 and recently change to autocad 2014.

My problem is in 2014, when I want to work with front view, the ucs doesn't change with it. It stays with the top view. I've typed ucs>"V">enter and it changes the ucs along with my view from front to top.

I want it to be it still in the front view, and the ucs will show x and y normally.

Please help, thanks in advance :)

*In autocad 2007, when I change view, the ucs automatically change as well following the view.

At the command line, type UCSFOLLOW and set it to 1.

Not working, I opened new acadiso. At the default view (top view), I typed UCSFOLLOW and set it to 1.

Then I change the view to front, my UCS is showing X and Z instead of X and Y.

Welcome to CADTutor. :) It sounds like your UCSORTHO system variable setting, for which I believe the default value is 1, has been changed to 0. As described in the screenshot from the SYSVDLG description of system variable options. I hope that helps you.

UCSORTHO settings.jpg

If you use the small menu in the upper left of the drawing area to change the view, the Ucs will follow the view the way you want it to.

If you select your view from the VIEW toolbar, it will also.

If you use the small menu in the upper left of the drawing area to change the view, the Ucs will follow the view the way you want it to.

Thanks, you solved my problem :D