Cropping Panel Schedules

Mike_Taylor

Hello, we are currently working on a minor addendum on our first porject we did in Revit for an owner requested change to add 2 additional electric hand dryers.

Due to the minor size of the change we are wanting to issue and 8.5x11 sheet rahter than a drawing package. What I cannot seem to find is a way to crop the panel scheduleto only show the additional circuits that are being added, anyone have any ideas?

You cannot crop or make schedules "to fit". Best thing to do is use an 11x17 (or larger) Titleblock just to get it to fit within the Titleblock borders, and when you create the PDF, use the Scale to Fit option to an 8.5x11 sized PDF and it'll work just fine.

You could even take the exact format of the 8.5x11 Titleblock and enlarge everything by 200% so that it's 17x22, then print to an 8.5x11 at 50% scale to get the same result. This way the formatting stays perfectly consistent with a normal 8.5x11 sheet.

Hope this helps. :)

You cannot crop or make schedules "to fit". Best thing to do is use an 11x17 (or larger) Titleblock just to get it to fit within the Titleblock borders, and when you create the PDF, use the Scale to Fit option to an 8.5x11 sized PDF and it'll work just fine.

You could even take the exact format of the 8.5x11 Titleblock and enlarge everything by 200% so that it's 17x22, then print to an 8.5x11 at 50% scale to get the same result. This way the formatting stays perfectly consistent with a normal 8.5x11 sheet.

Hope this helps. :)

It does, I can see what I can make do with that, another option I was just working was was creating a family with a masking region, bu the region end up hiding other views I have on the sheet I don't want to.

Yeeeeeeahh.... so about "masking regions"..... Most people new to Revit always try the quick and dirty Masking Region approach and I'll tell you from experience to drop that habit now. Masking Regions are a hopeful solution to Revit newcomers, but only emptiness and despair will come out of it, haha. I can't remember the last time I've used a Masking Region other than schematic valve Families.

My ultimate advice is this: anything done with a Masking Region is *usually* doing it wrong, especially for the 'quick-n-dirty' tasks. Use it as an absolute last resort and even then I'd think twice about it.

:)

Yeeeeeeahh.... so about "masking regions"..... Most people new to Revit always try the quick and dirty Masking Region approach and I'll tell you from experience to drop that habit now. Masking Regions are a hopeful solution to Revit newcomers, but only emptiness and despair will come out of it, haha. I can't remember the last time I've used a Masking Region other than schematic valve Families.

My ultimate advice is this: anything done with a Masking Region is *usually* doing it wrong, especially for the 'quick-n-dirty' tasks. Use it as an absolute last resort and even then I'd think twice about it.

:)

I thought it may have been a viable solution, but after looking a bit further into it I realized it open a whole other can of worms.