.DWG to .PDF problems

Babirye8805

Hi all!

I'm trying to export my .dwg to .pdf and for some reason one of my layers won't show up after exporting. I've tried to use different colors for the layer, as this has happened before during class projects, but it still won't show up. Is this common? Am I missing something or is this just a glitch?

Best regards,

Babi

Have you checked the No Plot icon in the layer manager? If it's grayed out, it ain't plotting even though you can see it in the layout, and modelspace.

Do you happen to be using the layer Defpoints? If so, there is nothing you can do to make it print or preview. Move the stuff to another layer. Don't use Defpoints.

I can't think of anything else, no wait. There is something else. Is the layer frozen for that viewport. To check, click into the viewport so the viewport is "current", then open the layer manager and check the Frozen In yada yada Viewport column for the grayed out freeze icon, and click it unfrozen.

Yes! You were absolutely right Dana W. It was the definition points layer. I had to create and move it to another layer! Thank you so much! You rock!

-Best regards

Yes! You were absolutely right Dana W. It was the definition points layer. I had to create and move it to another layer! Thank you so much! You rock!

-Best regards

Not a prob. Defpoints is for the AutoCad program use, more or less. it uses it for mysterious things. It's best to avoid using it at all. Sometimes things you put on there become inaccessible or even disappear.

Ok related question does printing to the pdf plotter work the same as exporting as a pdf? In terms of the layers and their control.

Exportpdf can export layer and block information. What it does not do is give you an opportunity to change the publish options before creating the exported file. The only choice it gives you is where to save the file. Exportpdf only creates a file from the current view as far as I can tell. Never used it.

What does it do that is better than plotting from layouts?

I don't even know why the Exportpdf command is still in the program.