The AutoCAD 1 minute challenge!

nathanjh13

It is, but work dictates use of another SoftWare. I am probably faster in the other SoftWare right now just because I use it so much in the classroom.

Use of the Marking Menus/Mouse Gestures develop "muscle memory" that want me to go without thinking.... ...and I end up in the wrong place.

With true pros dedicated to one system - you would never even see the tools on the screen as all would be gesture based.

So which do you prefer... SolidWorks or Inventor... "if" you had to choose?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nestly

• tzframpton

• paulmcz

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So which do you prefer... SolidWorks or Inventor... "if" you had to choose?

Uhmm, I thought I stated my preference in that response (taken in context).

After your wise-crack response I re-read it... and now I see which one you prefer. :)

Any particular reason? Or just because you're used to Inventor more, or your first love... etc?

This is great folks and it seems that everybody has given the challenge a go!

If you have any links of yourself completing the challege (I have watched the ones posted here and they are great) please post them in the Comments section on the original Youtube clip as it would be great to have a central "Respository" of shared learning for this task)!

If you don't have a Youtube/gmail login then with your permisson I will post the link for you.

Well done folks!

Best

One student I teach used a 3 point circle to get the centrepoint of the shape and constructed the 45mm circle from there. That method is smart but I can't use it as I need my Centre object snap turned off by then (or it overrides Tangent). In fact changing object snap is the most time consuming part I've found and I only do it once.

Is it no longer possible to cycle through the OSnaps? Doesn't the tab key do it?

Is it no longer possible to cycle through the OSnaps? Doesn't the tab key do it?

Right click menu when you have a selection set active brings up snap overrides I think from the top of my head. I can't recall ever cycling through osnaps.

Right click menu when you have a selection set active brings up snap overrides I think from the top of my head. I can't recall ever cycling through osnaps.

Try tabbing instead of switching on and off. It's much less faffing, and much quicker once you know the tab cycle and don't have to watch which ones are coming up