from ipt to dwg? Where is JD Mather?

pvd

Hi all,

sorry for posting again but I still haven't found a solution for my problem.

I've an ipt in which I have some 2D-sketches and I would like to export these sketches for further use as a 3D Model in Autocad. It's just a bunch of lines, no surfaces, no volumes. I've been trying "save copy as" in different file-formats, I've been using Rhinocerous for getting it finally into a dwg, I've been trying to export these sketches straight from my Inventor-browser but whatever I do, there's nothing appearing in my Autocad, like Inventor doesn't export these lines. I've been trying to make an iam of it for exporting, I've been trying with a derived component...HELP! I don't know anything else to try and still there must be a way to do as it shouldn't be that difficult?

Thank you very much.

Remark, even if you say you're not an Inventor-user, you taught me already a few things. It's just that I've only a bunch of lines in different planes (and no solids) and I start thinking Inventor is not able to export it. Anyway I'll keep on struggling a bit more as I still can't accept this is not possible for an application like Inventor...

Keep those advices coming! (And where is JD Mather?)

pvd: Glad to be of some assistance to you as slight as it may be.

Take a trip over to www.caddigest.com. They have an entire section of Inventor tutorials you might find helpful.

Did you check out the above post by Cad64?

Maybe your problem is the fact you're trying to export "a bunch of lines in different planes". Sounds vaguely incomplete. Why not continue further along in Inventor until you have something more substantial? Did you look into DWG TrueConnect?

Thanks all,

The inventorconnections.com site talks about converting to .SAT files but as far as I experienced this only works with solids. As it didn't take that much time (comparising with the time I already spent trying to find out in Inventor) I started redrawing this 3D-line-model in Autocad as I needed it for the engineer to calculate. If anyone does find out how you can export 3D sketches (no solids) out of Inventor, I'm still very curious...

If anyone does find out how you can export 3D sketches (no solids) out of Inventor, I'm still very curious...

File Save Copy As ACIS (*.sat) type with include sketches Option.

Then use acisin command in AutoCAD

acis wires.jpg