• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzframpton

• CADTutor

• Vince0115

• ReMark

I got to tell ya, I absolutely love it, kind of goes with my name and my site, paanglers.com (shameless plug).

Seriously though, I assume it's a passion of the site admin and it's great to see another cad guy with similar passions.

troutspinner

Cadtutor,

What's with the trout (upper RH corner) ????

......and don't tell me you caught it ...:roll:

:D The truth is rather less interesting than you might imagine. :o

When I first started designing the last incarnation of this website, about 5 years ago, I needed a graphic image to go top right in order to balance the design. At the time I thought I'd put something CAD-related there but I couldn't think what so I used an image of a trout that I had to hand as a place filler, intending to replace it later.

As time went by and the design progressed, I grew to like the trout and when the project was complete, I found that I didn't want to replace it (him).

I like the fact that it has nothing to do with CAD and the colours just happen to compliment the site livery, to the extent that now, in the new design, he appears on every page and not just the homepage.

So, this is just serendipity. CADTutor has a mascot and not just a boring graphic of a computer keyboard or something as banal.

At some point we'll have to give him a name and maybe I'll organise a competition.

Oh yes, he needs a name!! Although I have to say - when I saw the heading of this thread my first reaction was 'What trout?' And I have spent the enitre day trying to figure out if it has been there all along - I have no recollection of seeing it before....

Oh my 'Cod' are you sure you have put it in the right 'plaice'? or is it a 'red herring'?

Oh dear..!! :?

Holy mackerel, JBullseye !!

Sounds fishy to me !!

the more I see the fish the more that song by Madness springs to mind

This 'Scampi' Love.

followed by TuPou's Hart and 'Sole' or even 'Carp and Sole'

& you can always block it with ad block plus ;p

:(

Oh, that's not very kind. It's not as if he's doing any harm and an absolute bargain at only 12k.

Well I must admit it's intriguing I remember I saw him once but didn't ask why he was there now that I know the answer it's quite interesting...

Now I'm getting into the fishing world, so far I have gone twice, the first time I got to caught around 5 fishes but the second (in the sea) I got nothing :(.