can the path of a ACT file be amended

mileycad

Making a palette for a freind but obviously when I make it here the pallete will be pointing at the blocks located on my network, can i tweek the paths after the palletes are created so they work on his network? or do i have to set up a drive here copying his drive name etc excatly so it works when sent over to him??

I wouldn't even map his network drives and/or share folders. I would go local default for a copycat folder configuration; where My Docs starts a path My Draft > Workshop > Palette Menus.

I found that the tool palette property will not allow a redirection or even browse for a new source block(s).

I wouldn't even map his network drives and/or share folders. I would go local default for a copycat folder configuration; where My Docs starts a path My Draft > Workshop > Palette Menus.

I found that the tool palette property will not allow a redirection or even browse for a new source block(s).

Yes the pallete act files are local, but if created on my machine the path to the blocks on the menu will be C:/....... where as on his system they are on the network so will be u:/cad/blocks ..... etc etc

anyway of amending the paths within the act file after creation?? even by editing some way? any ideas?