Extending & Trimming - why does this happen?

Guitte

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guitte

• ReMark

• steven-g

• Tharwat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't look like a setting in the drawing, it could be a setting on your machine, but I can't think what would cause that behaviour.

Seems Express Tools can only be used in 3ds Max, im using ACAD LT.

Express Tools is a feature of full AutoCAD not LT.

You might want to -purge (Regapps first; All second) then audit your drawing file.

There is something that is not quite right with this drawing. What is the source?

Hi ReMark,

Will learn in time what can and cant i do in AutoCAD LT as the guys mention some of the tools. Used "help" to find express tools and gave me 3ds Max, what that means is probably some kind of a 3D application or something.:thumbsup:

No, I'm afraid it doesn't. Express Tools is a collection of lisp routines normally included with full AutoCAD. Examples: EXTRIM, TXT2MTEXT, Super Hatch, etc.

Why does some of your geometry have differing Z coordinates? What is the original source of the drawing?

I couldn't find anything to cause the problems, there are about 900 items with Z not at 0, and about 90 items on the hidden layer, but before altering those I had no issues with the trim command

Everything worked perfectly, today and a previous time i found that trim and extend gave me hassle. Today i just got tired, cause it became worse in this drawing and want to find out why. Only thing that did work was to select a group of lines change all to have Z to 0.

ReMark, i have done the -purge twice and the overkill. No luck. The drawing that you have is not suppose to be there, it is not part of this particular drawing. Z=-1

.E+99 was the macro i was given and that was the outcome.

For 5 to 6 years. Never had that much problems when i was at the previous company using full AutoCad version. Had problems, could solve them. Now im making more effort of solving the problems rather just leaving them.

What is the original source of the drawing?

One suggestion: erase the three lines on layer Brickwork as they are messed up and redraw them.

On the original drawing the objects with odd Z values appear to be the aluminium profiles, did you maybe create those using the array command. The array command does have the option to array in all 3 axis and these objects are spaced out nicely with a step in the Z axis of 577mm between each one, which could explain why it happened.

At this stage i have selected groups of lines and went to properties to correct the z value to 0, the micro doesn't work unfortunately. Seems after i have done that it looks good... so far. What makes me wonder is, can someone else's settings interfere with a drawing i created when they want to do some modification?