Burj-Al-Arab model 3D

Hassy

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and kinda confused on my project of a 3D model of Burj-Al-Arab, I want to know which commands must be used in it and where to start??

Any help will be appreciated ,thnx.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hassy

• ReMark

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your teacher has a weird sense of humor if he gave you this as a project seeing how you don't have much experience in 3D modeling.

I'm assuming then the level of detail will be minimal in which case you can start with bringing images into AutoCAD and tracing over them to get the rough profiles you'll need to work with. Are you really using nothing newer than AutoCAD 2004? Didn't you know that students and teachers can download, for free, the latest versions of many AutoDesk products (3 year license)?

You can probably find a 3D model of the hotel at BiblioCAD.

'you can start with bringing images into AutoCAD and tracing over them '

what do you mean by that? ^

Ahh.. I just like the basic version..If there is a need for a new version I will get it, if you say so..

You would import a raster images (ex. - jpg or png file) and trace over it using the polyline command.

The latest version will have 3D modeling commands that 2004 doesn't.

"...and where to start?" I would start with the exoskeleton of the building which includes the backbone/spire and wings.

BurjAlArab - jojo bigornia.JPG

I've pointed out some of the main elements I think your design should capture. The level of detail will be up to you. Good luck.

The above views were created by Jojo Bigomia who is a 3D artist.

The OP must have picked the wrong version when creating their profile. Maybe AutoCAD2014?, and not AutoCAD2004 as shown the profile....(no 3DMOVE Gizmo in 2004)

Hi, I just made a little Burj-Al-Arab... :D

How can I improve it?? Is it good enough??

Something in your model doesn't look quite right. Have you compared it to the image I previously posted?

I think it needs to be taller. Your model appears to be short and fat.

Something appears to be missing in the center, back, of the model.

I think the horizontal beams are too tall.

Can we see a side view?

Yup, It is not fully finished yet...

The helipad and the thing in the back is left..

Here is a side as well as back view of it.

By the way, I wanted to know how to do its finishing , coloring etc

burj3.JPG

burj4.JPG

The thing in back is a restaurant believe it or not.

To get the finished look you are after would require the application of materials directly to individual objects or by way of assigning the materials to a layer. After that would come the rendering of the building.

You might want to consider mocking up an island and surrounding it with water to mimic actual conditions.

My Burj-al-Arab is completed but I'm still not getting how to color it. The materials system is weird in 2007, I knew how to use it in 2004 but it's kinda confusing in 2007. Please guide me through it.

I'm using AutoCAD 2014 and 2015. I uninstalled 2007 a few months back. So I doubt that I can be of much assistance. I'll see what I have for reference if anything.