Created dwt - layout does not show lineweights

Tereza

Hello,

AutoCAD in my PC works OK, but since I have created new dwt. templates, I can not see lineweights in my preset layouts anymore. I have searched through many forums and tried to make it, but nothing really worked.

(LWEIGHT on, checked, LTSCALE , CANNONSCALE )

But - when I start to draw in ordinary acad template, everything works normally. Is there anything I should do to make my template layouts work?

Thank you for any help.

Tereza

lineweights in model and paper space are displayed differently. In modelspace, the lineweights are merely a proportional relationship, and not to scale. In paperspace the lineweights are shown in real units. So, if your lineweights are smaller than your screen resolution can show, then you will not see any lineweight differentiation. If you have checked off Scale Object Lineweights in your layout dialog, it is even more likely that no difference is visible. All of them are probably smaller than a screen pixel. What counts is how they look in the preview, and how they plot.

Yes, I thought about it, but since I have been using these thicknesses for years and it worked perfectly in my PC, I wonder why it does not work now, when I created new templates. The only thing I modified was scale in annotation and text font.

Would it be possible if I send you dwg document and you would have a look at it? I do not want to waste your time, only if you are interested.

Thank you.

Forum members can attach a drawing file to a post if they wish to. There are file size limits though so keep that in mind. We don't need the entire drawing however so just provide enough of the geometry to display the problem that you are experiencing.

Thank you...

So here are pictures of Model space and the same in layout (scale in layout: 1:1)

Thickness of the white line is 0.18 and the violet line o 0.40, so there should be visible difference (it used to be).

74651.jpg

981351.jpg

You misunderstood me. Attach a copy of the actual DWG file not an image. That way we can see for ourselves exactly what you are seeing with the added benefit of testing any of our solutions before posting.

Thank you all for help. Everything was set as you told me to do.

REGEN command did not help, either.

However, when I tried to make detail of the building I draw to post it here, I had to rotate the model space few times and suddenly in layout it started to show everything.

...and so it worked with all other documents, when I tried it.

I doubt that the rotation is the right solution, but maybe the program needed to recalculate something or so.

So thank you one more time for your time and effort, the problem is solved for now.