Where to find section line symbol in AutoCAD 2010 LT

I tried to help a friend of mine who is using Autocad 2010 LT. I could not find the annotative tab under tool pallet. Does anyone know how to import the annotative in his autocad? Because that where i can get the section callout. or Is there any other way to get the section line symbol beside draw it out using multi leader? Thanks

This Screenshot is from 2014 Autocad

section line.jpg

You sure it is not simply un-checked. Right click the pallets box and see if it is checked. Unless either it or All pallets are checked it won't show. That goes for any of the pallets.

If that fails, It's right here in this dwg. You can also use the design center, on the insert tab. Use the Folders tab in the design center to navigate to Windows\Program Files\AutoCad LT 2010\Sample\en-us\Dynamic Blocks\Annotation-Imperial.dwg\blocks... (or something similar)

I think I remembered to save the dwg down to 2010.

Section Callout.dwg

Edited by Dana W

It should be on the Annotation tab shown in the graphic. Did you try using the slider bar on the right to see what is higher up on that tab?

Did you read the entire post? Or maybe you just haven't had enough coffee yet? The Image is not from the 2010 AutoCAD he is looking for the Palette, but from 2014 AutoCAD that shows the Palette the OP is looking for on a friends computer.

C:\Users\[i]YourName[/i]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2XXX\RXX.x\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes

Is where they are found initially, but you can look in Options>Files>Tool Palettes File Locations for all paths to them.

See if this helps...http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/easily-share-tool-palettes-with-colleagues/

You can click at the bottom and should see all available palettes.

Palettes 1.jpg

That was my thought, that the pallet is simply not selected for display, or it is not expanded enough to see it. At any rate, if the OP comes back they have the block and some suggestions on how to find the missing pallet.

If that fails, It's right here in this dwg. You can also use the design center, on the insert tab. Use the Folders tab in the design center to navigate to Windows\Program Files\AutoCad LT 2010\Sample\en-us\Dynamic Blocks\Annotation-Imperial.dwg\blocks... (or something similar)

Thanks Dana, we followed the path on his computer per your suggestion, we found it now. after we went back to tool pallets, we found the Annotation tab and the section line callout was there. It was wierd that it didn't show the first time. Thanks

C:\Users\[i]YourName[/i]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2XXX\RXX.x\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes

Is where they are found initially, but you can look in Options>Files>Tool Palettes File Locations for all paths to them.

See if this helps...http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/easily-share-tool-palettes-with-colleagues/

You can click at the bottom and should see all available palettes.

SLW210 , after we navigated through the path via program file, we finally found the all the dynamic blocks and found the annotation tab on the tool pallets afterward. Thank you very much.

Thanks Dana, we followed the path on his computer per your suggestion, we found it now. after we went back to tool pallets, we found the Annotation tab and the section line callout was there. It was wierd that it didn't show the first time. Thanks
Hover the cursor over the bottom or top edge of the pallet box until you get the little Window stretcher double headed arrow and make it longer, so more tabs show.

That was my thought, that the pallet is simply not selected for display, or it is not expanded enough to see it. At any rate, if the OP comes back they have the block and some suggestions on how to find the missing pallet.

That's right, i got it, much easier..........you guys are so smart, thank you