Split LayIso into 2 commands- OFF and VPfreeze

Hi there,

I want to take the Layer Isolate command and separate it out into 2 different commands and then make shortcuts for them.

1. LayIso --> layers turn OFF

2. LayIso --> Lock and Fade

I tried going to the Manage tab and recording a Macro of me doing LayIso --> Settings --> Off, but when I tried to use the Macro it didn't work. I don't know, do I need an AutoLisp for this? (I don't know the difference between an AutoLisp and a Macro, in any case.)

After that I need to figure out how to turn those series of commands into one command. From there I know how to create an Alias for it.

Any help?

I don't know what wildcards are... But basically by picking the objects manually, like I'd do normally.

I just want two separate types of LayIso without having to mess with the Settings each time.

How do I make a LISP of this?

• 3 months later...

I'm reviving this because I'm still trying to do this.

I managed to figure out how to write a Macros to get the LayIso for LayIso -> Off. I made a custom command for it, put it in my panel, and it works like a charm! (I still need to add a shortcut, though... is there anyway to add a keyboard shortcut via the CUI menu where I put in the macros? Or do I need to go to the txt document Manage Aliases and add it there?)

^C^C_layiso;s;o;o;/

The problem is the LayIso --> Lock and Fade.

I made a custom command and wrote a macro but for some reason there's a delay of several seconds before it kicks in... Any ideas why? Here's the macro I made:

^C^C_layiso;s;l;60;/

I made a GIF:

Autocad_layiso_delay.jpg

Why isn't my GIF displaying??

Bueller? Does anyone know how to improve on this Macro so that it won't delay my computer?

^C^C_layiso;s;l;60;/

RobDraw-

I clearly think it's worth the effort, otherwise I wouldn't be asking this. I am constantly using both commands and it's terribly annoying to keep going into the LayIso Settings to fiddle with the layer. I'd prefer 2 separate commands.

Besides, it's given me a chance to learn about macros, I'd never written one before, even though it must look painfully basic and obvious to other experts here.

I don't see it.

How much time have you spent trying to find a one click solution for something that only takes three clicks?

Maybe you're already aware of a shortcut I don't know about. I prefer to do my work using the keyboard/command line, not clicking through icons.

LayIso;

Settings;

L;

60;

click what I want.

For me that's annoying, I enjoy streamlining things.

Sbeth85, have you tried writing a script for each example and then making a button to run each? Not sure if this works for your work flow but maybe worth a try.

Sbeth85, have you tried writing a script for each example and then making a button to run each? Not sure if this works for your work flow but maybe worth a try.

+1 to that ^

I'm always looking for ways to speed up my workflow. I write simple routines, like the one below all the time. It's true that they only cut out a few keystrokes or clicks, but if it's a procedure I use all the time, I will always look for a way to streamline it.

Bueller? Does anyone know how to improve on this Macro so that it won't delay my computer?

^C^C_layiso;s;l;60;/

Try the simple lisp code below. Works for me without any delay.

(defun c:LI (/)

(command ".layiso" "s" "l" "60")

(princ)

)

+1 to that ^

I'm always looking for ways to speed up my workflow. I write simple routines, like the one below all the time.

Try the simple lisp code below. Works for me without any delay.

This one looks like a winner to me Cad! :)

I managed to figure out how to write a Macros to get the LayIso for LayIso -> Off. I made a custom command for it, put it in my panel, and it works like a charm! (I still need to add a shortcut, though... is there anyway to add a keyboard shortcut via the CUI menu where I put in the macros? Or do I need to go to the txt document Manage Aliases and add it there?)

^C^C_layiso;s;o;o;/

To use this as a keyboard shortcut, it depends on where you have the macro, I often create, test and use macro's directly from a toolpalette, or they are more normally made in the cui.

From the cui

1 - drag the new command up into the menu structure and place it somewhere under the

4 - Keyboard Shortcuts - Shortcut Keys in the customisation files tree (you might need to click on the arrows at 2 & 3 to expand the cui

5 - just click into the box Access to make it active and - 6 - click on the elipsis [...] which opens up a Shortcut Keys dialogue

7 - enter your keyboard shortcut here, it does have to be a key combination with either Shift Ctrl or Alt, or multiples of those, it will tell you if that choice is already in use, or you can look in that section just above the shown dialogue that list all the active shortcuts

Then click on Apply and exit out of the cui, you can always change your shortcut keys later (or delete it), or edit the macro if needed

cui.jpg