Additional lines appearing on HATCHes when plotting from PDF...

lamensterms

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamensterms

• ReMark

• SLW210

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But this only happens when you plot from a PDF that was created in AutoCAD and not when you use PDFCreator. Correct?

Yep, PDFs created with "DWG to PDF.pc3" are the bad ones. PDFs created with PDFCreator don't show the lines when printed.

I have now run a test print with another printer, and the print didn't have the lines.

Neither of these above alternatives are acceptable solutions, I'm afraid. As they both have other issues that are more significant than the liney hatch prints.

So now the problem has been narrowed down to specifically "DWG to PDF.pc3" > Adobe Reader XI > Panasonic printer. If I used an alternative PDF writer, PDF viewer or printer, the problem can be avoided.

Using an alternative PDF writer or printer is not an option for other reasons. So for now the solution may be to chance the PDF viewer we use.

Would be happy to hear other suggestions, that would allow me to keep all the same PDF writer, PDF viewer & printer.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ya know, one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. You need to change something. I think we've exhausted all the possibilities of making your current workflow work. It might be easier to address those "other issues" that you mentioned but did not explain.

Since the problem is with the plotter, changing it is the obvious solution. Okay, the logistics of that may make it difficult but you already have another one.

If you cannot do that, then you need to change something else. Print directly from AutoCAD or change the PDF writer or viewer that you are printing from.

If you cannot change anything, have a print shop do your plotting for you.

Thanks Rob, the newer printer we have has some issues with patch/inconsistent prints (pale streaks across page, where not enough toner is applied to the paper). We have had it serviced/repaired a few times in the last 4ish years, but it the issues always return. So reinstating the newer printer is not an option.

I have tested alternative (or none) CTBs, all with the same hatch-line results.

I'm now on the hunt for a decent Adobe Reader replacement.

Thanks again.

So... for anyone interested - I managed to overcome this hatch plotting issue. I can't really see this being relevant to anyone except those who might own the same printer we use (or perhaps any Panasonic printer).

The solution was a halftone setting in the printer's settings. It had been set to "OS Halftone" and changing this to "Dither" results in fine quality printing.

Printer Settings.png

Hope this helps someone in the future.