Fracture

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get this script to work but I keep getting error messages that say sendkeys.vbs is an unknown variable

this is the script

select item.cid
 case 61, 4

sendkeys.vbs "maskview {ENTER}"

Endselect

I've heard that a lisp could do this but my boss doesn't want me using lisps because loading them in each drawing is too inconvenient. Does anyone know why the sendkeys command isn't being recognized?

Thanks,

-Fracture

Thanks, I am reading through that link right now. Still, I would like to know why my script didn't work. For the time being, my knowledge of the lisp language is laughable so it would be convenient to be able to make this work with a script for the time being. It really does seem like it should work. I can't understand why such a simple function would be beyond a script.

We're talking a .scr file is that correct?

A script file is an ASCII text file that contains a set of command line instructions for AutoCAD to follow.

Actually I am using .cod files, although I would be hard pressed to tell you the difference between a .cod and a .scr, or an ASCII for that matter. Although I do recognize ASCII from specifying the " symbol to be used in a string of text in one of my scripts.

The only .cod files I'm familiar with are the compiled source code used to create programs for a Blackberry. LoL Doesn't sound like anything that would be associated with using AutoCAD to me but I could be wrong.

• 1 month later...

Scripts are used for part settings in the cadmep parts database. I'm not sure if they are used in regular autocad but they are very useful when working with a database of sheet metal parts which need to be set up correctly before being sent to the shop. There are limitations to the built in database functions of cadmep but scripts can help work around most of them.

Found this http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?36160-CADDuct-(MEP)-Command-List there is obviously a programming language syntax that your not doing quite right is there any HELP on writing your own? There seems to be lots of stuff out there I think you will have to google more to find the writing your own code instructions.