Lisp to draw circles and rectangles from values in a .CSV file

CADINATOR

Hi, brand new to this site and my very first thread! I am trying to write a LISP routine and basically have no experience with it except for opening them up and trying to decode it for my self. I am going over lisp basics right now but thought I would through this out there in hopes of learning something from you fine folks.

What I need to do is draw a series of circles and rectangles and label them from values in a .CSV file.

As I mentioned I am going over the basics and am having trouble keeping my head above water, so be kind please. :)

Thanks in advance,

CADINATOR

A simple alternative if you have CSV stay in excel and just write a defacto script works with LT also, the key is using concatenate(a1,".",b1) = "123,456" just copy the new column straight to the command line.

123,456,22 = CIRCLE 123,456 22

123,456,789,910 = Rectang 123,456 789,910

Like lee post csv so can show 2 ways to do same thing.

Sorry for the long response time. I am not sure what you mean about just using an excel sheet. Attached is an example of tools with diameters and some with length and widths. Took me a while to figure out how to post the Excel file. Thanks for your help.

TEST.xlsx

Edited by CADINATOR

H & G If I used a base of 0,0 all objects would be on 1 point so just put them 50 units apart, if you nominate shaft length it will appear in 3d as well.

A little bug 2013 if you set thickness then rectang it has zero thicknes compared to a pline of 4 sides any ideas any one ? Hence use of chprop after using rectang.

Oh, I see. that makes sense for the spacing. So this would work for what I need it for. I would love to use this if you don't mind. Am I able to say add new tools to this sheet when I have other kits that have tools by dimension? Or would I have to re write the language every time I have a different set of tools? If my list was longer would I be able to expand on it by copying the expressions to different rows keeping in mind adding spacing in column's G & H?

1 You are welcome to use.

2 make new tools

3 just copy formula

4 it could be smarter and check if circle or sq by cell is blank then use rectang or circle you can do IF's in excel