installing suite

krdckrs1

Currently running AutoCAD 2014 and we are in the process of upgrading to Building Design Suite 2015. Do i need to do a clean and complete uninstall of my current version of AutoCAD before i install the Suite?

There is no need to uninstall your current 2014 version. The 2015 products will install into their own directory(s) in C:\Program Files\Autodesk and each will run independent of the other. Assuming BDS2015 is on Subscription, you are permitted to continue running AutoCAD2014 for 3 more years (unless Subscription is not maintained) otherwise I believe 120 days, before you're supposed to discontinue use and uninstall the product that was "upgraded"

We also have a trail version of 2015 AutoCAD MEP. Since that is a 2015 and the Suite is a 2015 version will I need to do an complete uninstall of the current MEP?

You may have to uninstall AutoCAD MEP 2015, because it's stand alone and is driven by a different product key, which is not compatible with the Building Suite product key. In other words, you can't just plug in the serial and product key into a stand alone install of AutoCAD MEP activating it as a part of the building suite package, even though it's the exact same program by itself. But you would be better off installing and using Revit MEP anyways, haha.

:)

Yeah, although I've installed plenty of suites on machines that already had stand alone versions, I've never done it when the standalone and suite were the same release year, but my understanding is basically the same as Tannar described. You could try, but my guess is that the installer won't allow you to install the AMEP component of the Suite while AMEP standalone is still installed.