SEANT

Text To Geometry 2015 Testing

SEANT

Regrettably, my enthusiasm for code maintenance, at least as it applies to the exchange postings, has waned a bit. And the Text To Geometry app was the catalyst. For some Windows 7 based systems that app would crash, and take AutoCAD with it.

The Autodesk Exchange testers were able to reproduce the crash on one of their test setups, and the app was rightfully pulled from the store. After the Exchange reported it to me, I set up a separate system with Windows 7, but could never reproduce the crash. Neither could most of the people I've corresponded with, windows 7 or otherwise.

I don't doubt that a problem exists - it's just tough to debug an issue that can't be experienced. I suspect it has something to do with 'permissions' and how that particular App stores settings between use.

All that aside, I have let the other apps slide as well. Despite some newer projects that have captivated my attention, I've got to get my butt back in gear to update what's already on the shelves.

BlackBox

I can completely relate - I've had several customers need assistance, only in my case, to find out that Autodesk unilaterally changed PackageContents.xml, or my help files without even so much as notifying me (I had to trouble shoot it myself to find out).

In any event, I'm glad that you've made a good choice for your situation, and hope it improves moving forward, my friend. :beer:

Cheers

SEANT
. . . . that Autodesk unilaterally changed PackageContents.xml, or my help files without even so much as notifying me . . . .

Yikes! Their making the decision to pull an app from the shelves is one thing, that's something else entirely.

As a matter of fact, I think they should make a point to avoid meddling at the app level. They should insist that the app developer make corrections. Perhaps pull the app, if necessary. I'm sure they have plenty of issues at the Autodesk application level to keep their developers busy.

I will acknowledge that the Exchange is more likely dealing with a ''mission critical' state than the average App Store. As such, the balance of all things may be more complex. Hopefully a few more years of experience will make everything run more smoothly.

Keep plugging away, mon ami. I'll do the same.

BIGAL

The printer is not working, is it turned on, yes, lights on, yes, Check correct printer chosen, yes, sure its plugged in, yes, please double check, yes, check the status of prints pending on printer, I have no idea, oh sorry some one has kicked the printer cable slightly out working now. Will the App store pull the software because it wont print ?