Sengna

Change Lower case to upper case MLD text??

Sengna

Is it possible to change the multileader text from Lower case to upper case all at once? rather change one by one. Thanks

Dana W

Sounds like a lisp to me. The nearest alternative I can find is to select all of them, then open properties and click on the edit button in the text contents line. The Mtext editor will then cycle through all of them, but you will still have to highlight each text and change them manually. I was hoping matchprop would do it, but it does not.

Sengna
Sounds like a lisp to me. The nearest alternative I can find is to select all of them, then open properties and click on the edit button in the text contents line. The Mtext editor will then cycle through all of them, but you will still have to highlight each text and change them manually. I was hoping matchprop would do it, but it does not.

Yeah, i have to change one by one which was a pain, Match Prop won''t work for 2014 Autocad Version. I double click on the MLD text hightlight and right click--- Change case to UPPER. hope Lee mac can develope Lisp to help with this.

Dana W
Yeah, i have to change one by one which was a pain, Match Prop won''t work for 2014 Autocad Version. I double click on the MLD text hightlight and right click--- Change case to UPPER. hope Lee mac can develope Lisp to help with this.
Yeah, but if you do it my way for the time being, it will at least automatically open the mtext editor for you at each one. one would think AutoDesk would attach a case change macro or something to the contents box on the properties dialog.

If they are all the same word, you can do it with Find/Replace all at once.

BIGAL

(strcase text) in lisp just need a few minutes to mod one

Ok done now

(defun caps ( / ss len x objtext)
(vl-load-com)
(setq ss  (ssget "X" (list (cons 0 "Mtext,text"))))
(setq x 0)
(setq len (sslength ss))
(repeat len
(setq ent (ssname ss x))
(setq objtext (vlax-ename->vla-object ent))
(vla-put-textstring objtext (strcase (vla-get-textstring objtext)))
(setq x (+ x 1))
)

(caps)

Edited by BIGAL

Sengna
(strcase text) in lisp just need a few minutes to mod one I have but a bit busy at moment.

(defun caps ( / ss len x objtext)
(vl-load-com)
(setq ss (ssget "X" (list (cons 0 "Mtext,text"))))
(setq x 0)
(setq len (sslength ss))
(repeat len
(setq ent (ssname ss x))
(setq objtext (vlax-ename->vla-object ent))
(vla-put-textstring objtext (strcase (vla-get-textstring objtext)))
(setq x (+ x 1))
)

(caps)

Should i just type these code to the command prompt Bigal??? or just strcase??

Dana W
Should i just type these code to the command prompt Bigal??? or just strcase??
Hang on, he's gotta modify this one a little.

BIGAL

Sorry thats the code copy it all to Notepad and save as a .lsp file use Appload to run.

Post updated above

Sengna
Sorry thats the code copy it all to Notepad and save as a .lsp file use Appload to run.

Post updated above

I know how to save these code on notepad but how do i upload it? do you have a screenshot.? thanks

ReMark

I'm sure this has been covered before in one of your threads. Use the APPLOAD command to load the lisp routine into AutoCAD then type "caps" to start it.

BIGAL

Segna 399 posts is it you or is someone else using your name ? Should know about appload.