New to Revit

Timms_KHP

Hi all,

A little help. I've bee nusing Autocad for a number of years now and have been told that may be turning over to Revit, of course, the company is tight and doesn't want to pay for training. So i have gone throw a few of the examples and read through the help files but i still have a few questions, for now anyway:

How can i make Revit save, or remember my SNAP preferences?

It would seem that i have to select which ones i want or don't want everytime i open the programe.

Can i change the background colour? if so how?

I am currently practising on a job we have completed in Autocad and it has a RC lift core, however no of the walls have gridlines so i am having to draw them in by eye, the autosnap won't recognise the mid point but it will recognise the end points of the hatch pattern!

Without redrawing my base drawing, i.e add cenrelines, how can i get the structural wall to snap to the midpoint?

Many Thanks

Michael.

If you send me a contact email i can send you the base drawings, it is in 2008 so any modifications you make i won't be able read.

I have started a grid, but it is only based on what has been indicated.