The maximum number of history nodes in a solid would be exceeded.Solidhist=0 no good

turboCAD

Autocad 2011

Hello!

I have 5000+ objects that are shaped like the inside of a hole I would like to create.

I am trying to subtract the 5000+ objects which I have grouped in order to improve their handling .

I tried to subtract them ~150 at a time(before grouping) but after two iterations I get the same error:

The maximum number of history nodes in a solid would be exceeded.

Solidhist is set to zero as I have read here:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?70035-making-a-3d-stencil-with-200um-holes/page4

but without result.

What should I do?

can I increase the number of history nodes or it is fixed?

Thank you!

Any chance we could get our hands on a copy of the drawing? File size limitations may preclude uploading it here but you could use a file sharing service like DropBox.

Good evening!

I cannot upload the exact file because it is for work and should not be disclosed but I will make something similar and upload it.

I used brep but when I tried to move the whole ensemble it only selected and moved one of the 5000 objects. Now it could very well be that I did something wrong.I am not sure what bret is.

I downloaded your sample drawing from Dropbox and I see that you already subtract some of the cylinders from the rectangular 3D solid.

On my first attempt this is the result I got.

The maximum number of history nodes in a solid would be exceeded.

You may want to convert the solid to a brep.

At least two solids, surfaces, or coplanar regions must be selected.

My second attempt was successful as far as it went. This is what I did.

I sliced your model in half along the front to back axis. I retained only the right side. I ran the BREP command after which I subtracted the cylinders from the rectangular solid. It took a while to see any results but when it finally completed I now had holes where the cylinders once were. At this point I mirrored the object and unioned the two halves together. Mission accomplished.

Any questions?

A view of a small section of the lower right hand corner. The holes go all the way through.

SwissCheese.jpg

Edited by ReMark

First, even though you have turned off SOLIDHIST, it was apparently still enabled when you created both the box and the post (Revolve), so as mentioned earlier, BREP will remove recorded history. (not strictly necessary, but removing Solid History significantly reduces file size)

Here's what I did.

1) Delete all but one of the "posts"

2) Use BREP to remove the Solid History and convert the Revolve into a basic solid object

3) Delete the existing edited box

4) Create a new 2600x1325x105 box

5) ARRAYed the post into 52 rows and 103 columns @ 25 spacing both directions.

6) SUBTRACT all the solid posts from the box in one operation.

It took several minutes to complete, but both AutoCAD2011 and AutoCAD2015 Subtracted all 5326 posts without any errors.

I don't know what your design intent is, but if possible, I'd consider breaking the object into smaller repetitive sections, turn it into a block, then copy or array the block to create the whole part.

Thank you very much, gentlemen !

Meanwhile I also subtracted the objects but 208 at a time:

select all

brep

solidhist=0

subtract, selected 208

change color of main block to blue so it would contrast the remaining white holes thus making it easier to select them;

repeated many times.

Not clever, not elegant but it worked.

Now I shall try your approaches .

Thank you very much!