Fusion 360 for Product Design Suite Subscribers

Lazer

Have you ever used it? I'm curious to know what the hype is considering the current selection of software applications that have been out for quite some time. Multi-platform compatibility is the main thing I saw, but hopefully it isn't the same as AutoCAD for Mac vs AutoCAD for PC conflicting interfaces.

Yep I have used it and clocked up about 30 hours on it as I was a beta tester before it was launched. It had a few bugs back then that have now been ironed out. I installed it today at work and they have now introduced a new CAM module. I am very interested in this as I often model machined parts so I'm having fun playing at the moment. Tool path error detection is very good.

The interface is very much the same as Inventor, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, Pro E all being Ribbon based as you would expect these days. It runs only using a web browser after your install a small exe file so my guess is it should in theory run multi-platform without any issue. Work fine on my Hp workstation Win 7 and home PC Win 7.