Dashdot ou center

Luancat

Oi pessoal,

Qual o fator que faz escolher entre usar "DASHDOT ou CENTER" numa linha de simetria?

Do mesmo jeito para linhas fantasmas "DIVIDE2 ou PHANTON"?

Obrigado

Correct Remark it is Portuguese and it translates to

Hi all , What is the factor that makes choosing between using " DASHDOT or CENTER " on a line of symmetry ? Likewise for ghosts lines " DIVIDE2 or PHANTON " ? Thank U

And what would you take that to mean sparkyuk? Is the OP asking which linetype we would choose and why? I'd go with CENTER and PHANTOM myself since they are pretty much standard across the board for many disciplines.

Sorry! I thougth I'm on a portuguese forum.

Is there a factor that makes choosing between using "DASHDOT or CENTER" on a symmetry line?

Likewise for ghosts lines "DIVIDE2 or PHANTON"?

Thank U

I was just wondering if wouldn't have something, a kind of drawing or a specialty where I'd better use either type of line.

Here in Brazil, we use to call "symmetryline" some centerlines, that besides being in the center of the piece divided it into exactly equal parts. Don't you use it there?

As I mentioned in a previous post it is my opinion that the CENTER and PHANTOM linetypes seem to be in standard use across many different fields here in the United States. I cannot say what is done normally in other countries. My personal experience has been seldom if ever have I used the DASHDOT and DIVIDE2 linetypes. Again, I cannot speak for everyone else.

Yes, our "centerlines" are the equivalent of what you refer to as "symmetrylines".

Ok, thanks for listening.

About the symmetrylines. We tink here that not always a centerline is on symmetrical piece. We give the name "symmetryline" only to those wich divide a piece in a symmetrical part.

Thanks again.

I see. OK. Then can you show us what each linetype would look like? Post an example image that includes both and it would be good if you also included some geometry for context. Thank you.