Same title block on multiple layers

vinstermonster

I have a title block with attributes and I want to be able to update just the first page with info (such as client name and address) and then have that data go on multiple versions of the same block on different layers/pages. I know it can be done but I've never created a title block from scratch. Thanks.

There is different ways to do this, use an xref, use copy layout when creating a new layout, a lisp to do all the updates like No of pages, copy and paste a block across layouts.

Ok, thanks guys. If I can't figure it out then I'll probably just use the copy and paste on each layout method, since we only have 5 sheets in a set. Thanks again.

Make sure one of your attributes is the page number (layout name) and name your layouts the page number. Draw your title block. Copyclip it. Open the block editor, and give it your new block name. Paste the title block into the block editor to 0,0. Close the block editor, and save the changes.

Now go insert your block on a layout tab at 0,0. Nothing could be simpler.

Save the block into your template drawing and you won't have to copy it into a new one every time.

If I can't figure it out then

you should ask questions until you get it figured out. There are a few ways to accomplish this.

Well I know how to get the same exact title block into different layers, but I'm talking about a title block I can use for a template. How can I update a title block from the first page and have that info change on every page? In other words, can I have a master title block on the first page that all the other titles blocks update from? Or can that even be done?

I have my title block drawn and inserted on each layout with the correct page numbers. The main cover sheet has a title block with attributes that I've turned into a block. I just need to know what to do next before I save this as my permanent template.

Attributes should be used for information that is different from sheet to sheet, as they can be edited individually. Use text for information that is the same for every sheet.

What is your plan with this template? Do you plan on using it for future projects?

Up to this point you have not mentioned template. Maybe you should give a full explanation as to what you are really trying to accomplish. Until now, I thought this was for one file only.

Well I know how to get the same exact title block into different layers, ...
Different layouts, I assume. Layers and layouts are particular parts of AutoCad and cause confusion when transposed.

Different layouts, I assume. Layers and layouts are particular parts of AutoCad and cause confusion when transposed.

woops, yes I meant layouts.

Attributes should be used for information that is different from sheet to sheet, as they can be edited individually. Use text for information that is the same for every sheet.

What is your plan with this template? Do you plan on using it for future projects?

Up to this point you have not mentioned template. Maybe you should give a full explanation as to what you are really trying to accomplish. Until now, I thought this was for one file only.

yes, I plan to use this as my permanent template for all projects.

When setting up templates with title blocks, careful planning is essential.

I don't have time to go through everything but basically you must determine what information will be the same for every project, what information will be the same for every sheet in the project but different from project to project, what is left should be the information that is different from sheet to sheet. Then you need to determine how you would like to edit the information.

If you can get your head around the Sheet Set Manager, that would get you where you want to be but I'm afraid that may be a bit advanced for you. So, start with the basics.